The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jun 26, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #4,322 of 6,342
Expected delivery:
Saturday 06/27 ... after a night of burn in it willl be ready for a first listen on my birthday.
Quite long wait of 1 1/2 years but finally most perfect timing
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #4,323 of 6,342
here on monday: champagne bottle inside refrigerator ready to jump!

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #4,326 of 6,342
I guess waiting 1.5 years for a GSX-Mk2 has a good chance of being one of the longest wait times for this batch.
OK I feel for prospective owners of a BHSE where 2.5 years of endurance requirement are not unheard of.
Sorry for you folks but at least my wait is over.
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #4,327 of 6,342
Justin or Peter ...

can the rubber feet of the current batch GSX-Mk2 be removed by just unscrewing them from outside or it there a nut/washer inside that will become loose? ... and what are the thread dimension?

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #4,328 of 6,342
It was a long time ago but I think he said screw in but there is a limit to the bolt length.  If memory serves it was a change at your own risk and if the new feet damage the board... no crying :wink:

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #4,329 of 6,342
  It was a long time ago but I think he said screw in but there is a limit to the bolt length.  If memory serves it was a change at your own risk and if the new feet damage the board... no crying :wink:

LOL, yes I remember that there is very limited space between the housing and the boards. So I will be extra careful and just use only so much thread that is necessary to hold them in place. I want to use some Mapleshade brass footers that ususally don't need to be screwed in but the umbilical cord is pulling the amp off these feet ...
redface.gif

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #4,330 of 6,342

Tomorrow for me. It helps that I'm 3.5 hours drive away from HeadAmp. Probably should have just driven to get it :p

Best time to get it is right before the weekend!!

Can't wait!

Now to find a dac...

A dac? I am interested if Bricasti M1 suit for your system.

Regards,
Meng

The M1 might be a little rich for my blood. Was looking to keep it no more than the GS-X cost, so somewhere in the 3k USD range or less while still being end game. I don't plan on upgrading from a system that costs 6 grand total (hence why I'm looking for a quality but not over the top DAC) and would rather put the difference into headphones if I'm being honest as I doubt I personally would hear enough of a difference to warrant the extra cost.

So far I've been looking at DACS like Schiit Yggdrasil and Bryston BDA-2 but I haven't ventured too far into the high end DAC threads to read up on impressions for reasonable priced yet high end DACs.

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #4,331 of 6,342
  The M1 might be a little rich for my blood. Was looking to keep it no more than the GS-X cost, so somewhere in the 3k USD range or less while still being end game. ...

I recommend to take a look at exasound. I have an e20 DAC which is balanced, has every format compatability you will ever need, volume control, remote and it is just musical. I listen to it with my HD800 (stock) and there is plenty of (defined) bass and the there is no harsh treble and I can listen to it for hours w/o fatigue. For whatever reason (maybe just basic, funtional small housing, ES9018 Sabre chip?) it doesn't get much love around here but they offer a risk free 30 day trial ... and it doesn't need 29 days to warm up
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #4,332 of 6,342
Interesting. You're right in that there doesn't seem to be much on head-fi about it. I really like the 30 day trial. That one might be on my short list thanks to the 30 day trial! I will definitely check it out once the time is right for me to purchase. Thanks!

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #4,333 of 6,342
  Interesting. You're right in that there doesn't seem to be much on head-fi about it. I really like the 30 day trial. That one might be on my short list thanks to the 30 day trial! I will definitely check it out once the time is right for me to purchase. Thanks!

You have also considered the Yggy I presume?

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #4,334 of 6,342
Yep. Yggdrasil and the Bryston BDA-2 have been options number 1 and 2 on my radar, though in no particular order.

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,335 of 6,342
Figured out how to get the feet changed (just need the right hex
wink.gif
).

OK, yeah, these are a little big but at least I like them much better than the $0.95 rubber feet. And I had the brass feet around, just drilling a hole inserting screws, cutting them of the same length as the orig. hex screws protrude out of the rubber feet - which is like 4-5mm only. And now the amp has enough weight not to pulled over the edge by the umbilical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back