The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jan 7, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #3,991 of 6,326
   could someone recommend a decent power cord to use with gsx-mk2 amp 110v  version under 400.00us?

I asked this question to Chord Electronics a few years back when I acquired their great Choral system ($60,000 +) as all the units came with bog standard power cords that cost no more than $20 each.  

Their answer was along the lines that it doesn't make such a significant difference whether they are fed with their standard power cords or a $2,000 one !  

If you have a high end system with excellent interconnects and speaker cables (which are very important regrading their quality - not so much with XLR interconnects unless excessively long runs ) and you want to spend a lot of money just for the sake of it just to get a very small sound quality improvement (that may be inaudible) then go for it. 

Personally I would rather spend $2,000 + on another important component i.e. the source or buy more music than spend it on snake oil power cables.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #3,997 of 6,326
  i think I'll take your advice bonsey and save me a few bucks thanx!! btw it sounds like the gsx amps are getting real close to being assembled yee-ha!!!

As much as I like the thought of that ... first the modules need to come in, then they need to be matched in quads and then the assembly can start. But we are getting closer indeed yee-ha !!!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #3,998 of 6,326
update:
- Over the past week, the JFETs for the amp modules have been tested and matched
- The modules are ready for pick up now
- The JFETs will go into the modules, they will be soldered and tested
- The modules will go into the amps
- The amps will burn-in and get an audio test
- The amps will ship

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 15, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #3,999 of 6,326
Hi Justin,

I've been trying to communicate with you regarding cancellation of my GS-X Mk2 order for the past few months (emails & PM) but received no response so far. Could you please look into it urgently?

Thank you & sorry for posting my cancellation request here.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #4,000 of 6,326
  update:
- Over the past week, the JFETs for the amp modules have been tested and matched
- The modules are ready for pick up now
- The JFETs will go into the modules, they will be soldered and tested
- The modules will go into the amps
- The amps will burn-in and get an audio test
- The amps will ship

sounds about 3 to 4 weeks out i think i'll have a beer and celebrate yeee-haaaa cowboy!!!!!

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #4,002 of 6,326

LOL, this morning I was about to ask for an update but held back ... I guess Justin got the vibes anyway
wink.gif
And then people are complaining that they don't get replies
biggrin.gif

Progess, yeee-haaaa
beerchug.gif

yes the lack of replies is concerning but you got to have faith don't worry it's happening as we speak!!! btw the pass labs headphone amp sounds very intriguing!!! 

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #4,003 of 6,326
  yes the lack of replies is concerning but you got to have faith don't worry it's happening as we speak!!! btw the pass labs headphone amp sounds very intriguing!!! 

I am not in a hurry, I know it's gonna be gooood ... no worries at my end.

Have you actually heard the pass labs amp already or is that just the general thought that's intriguing ?
Anyway since I have gotten a First Watt M2, I am enjoying my speaker set up as much as my HD800.
The orig. Pass Labs line is way out of my league but First Watt 'on sale' is an audiophile bargain.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #4,004 of 6,326

Have you actually heard the pass labs amp already or is that just the general thought that's intriguing ?
Nelson has not had a hand in this hp amp though... anyway since I have gotten a First Watt M2, I am enjoying my speaker set up as much as my HD800.
The orig. Pass Labs line is way out of my league but First Watt 'on sale' is an audiophile bargain.

just the general thought since i own the pass int-30 which i just love!!!!!

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #4,005 of 6,326

Anyway since I have gotten a First Watt M2, I am enjoying my speaker set up as much as my HD800.

I am able to get outstanding sound out of the FW M2 speaker outputs.  Glorious Mid-range!  It edges out the GS-X Mk2 there but nowhere else. 

The details with the M2 are not as good as with the J2, and apparently I heard that the F1J at a mere 10watts beats them both (though it cannot drive speakers with passive crossover).

Were you able to get great sound out of the M2 with the HD800 without a high noise floor?  If you use resistors, what are the values you use in parallel and in series?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back