The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jul 16, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #1,426 of 6,342
Quote:
True it's also a great pre-amp.  I use it for my powered monitors and couldn't be happier.  That it has a pre defeat switch is also huge.  Powering off and then back on class A amps to use headphones is a major PITA.

Tell me about it.  Letting it warm up for an hour before use, ha..  I turn it on as soon as I hit the door from work.  After my duties are done, it's ready to go. Talking about the F1J here..  The GS-X mk2 is ready to go as soon as I turn it on.

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,427 of 6,342
As a springbok dies its pronk opens and if you put your nose close to the skin you smell a fragrance you have never known and never will forget.
As you crack open a kremetart and put a handful of the fruit in your mouth and suck, you taste a rare acid luxury. 
As your heart beats in your throat the cheetah's breath fogs up your glasses and he licks your face with a tongue that abrades every nerve in your skin.

Then you hear "Hotel California" from Hell Freezes Over , XRCD powered by the GSXII  you are startled, You hand over your T1's  to your wife and say " Honey, just listen for a while "

You wait,    as she presses replay again    and again     and you see her smile. 

It's more than good, its memorable !

We are spoiled senseless 
Tom.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #1,428 of 6,342
Quote:
As a springbok dies its pronk opens and if you put your nose close to the skin you smell a fragrance you have never known and never will forget.
As you crack open a kremetart and put a handful of the fruit in your mouth and suck, you taste a rare acid luxury. 
As your heart beats in your throat the cheetah's breath fogs up your glasses and he licks your face with a tongue that abrades every nerve in your skin.

Then you hear "Hotel California" from Hell Freezes Over , XRCD powered by the GSXII  you are startled, You hand over your T1's  to your wife and say " Honey, just listen for a while "

You wait,    as she presses replay again    and again     and you see her smile. 

It's more than good, its memorable !

We are spoiled senseless 
Tom.

wow

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #1,429 of 6,342
I agree with most of the impressions here about this amp.  

Like Gandah said, this is one of the best - if not the best versatile amps there is on the market today.  It may not be the best amp for a specific headphone, but it's flexible nature makes it one of the greatest all around amps out - it just works great on every headphone I've ever tried it on.

Also like Mr. Sneis said, It just tells the truth.  It tells you what your source is saying.  Other amps "can" mask the DACs signature, a la Beta22.  The Beta22 has it own sound sig and it lets you know what it is - never mind the DAC (I like it for that). 

The dynamic range and the treble extension on this amp are great  and it lets the HD800s be HD800s sound-stage wise..  I'm not sensitive to high frequencies so the HD800 and the HE-6 never give me issues - in fact I favor good treble.  The only headphone I had issues with thus far was the T70s = a mess IMO.

I concur with Mr. Sneis again.  This amp may not be the end all be all amp of amps, I'm sure the tube amp lovers will have a lot to say about that.  I have a D hi (dynahi) under construction now, so I'm eagerly awaiting the comparisons.  

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #1,430 of 6,342
OMG you guys are KILLING MEEEEEEE.....

Anyone have any updates on the build status??... pretty please?.....

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,432 of 6,342
^ any response from Justin? . . . just kidding! . . .

Visualization exercise:  (repeat 3 x daily)

Quote:
FedEx Shipment 909090909: Your package is on its way

Name: 'not provided by requestor'
E-mail: 'not provided by requestor'

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #1,434 of 6,342
Rich, is your amp really on it's way or are you pulling a fast one?  I'm coming to terms with the HD600 being my favorite headphones on the GS-X so far.  One can no longer complain about want for bass on the old Senns.  The Magnum v4's were something something as well but I don't own those... yet.

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,436 of 6,342
Got a message from Justin:

"the GS-Xs are going well, getting the front panels now then have to get them polished/anodized"

Doesn't really give an indication on the time frame, but at least progress is happening!

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,438 of 6,342
Jul 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,440 of 6,342
If you get on this run you're looking at November-ish. Maybe. Justin has to be swamped with the GS-X and BHSE builds. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back