The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #3,167 of 6,329
  Justin, good luck getting FedEx to pick up on Friday.

(maybe time to take a (short) break? 
biggrin.gif
)

Just goes to show you guys how hard he works! =D

My Adam Audio F7 comes in tomorrow, gonna try out the preamp function! 

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #3,177 of 6,329
So close I can feel everyone's anticipation!

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #3,178 of 6,329
Jul 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #3,179 of 6,329
Glory,

What difference did you see with your hd650 and the gsx vs. using the vioelectric?

The GS-X MK2 is an exceptional clean sounding amplifier whereas the Violectric will inject its own flavor (bassy and warmish) to any headphones.  The improvements going from V200 to GSX-MK2 are quite drastic in all counts especially when you are using the balanced drive on the GS-X MK2.  Bass is exceptionally clean and deep on the MK2 with deep & black blackground.  For example, you can easily discern the details in bass notes on the GS-X MK2 while the V200 is not transparent enough to display them properly.  For under a grand, the V200 is not a bad deal at all as long as your phones work well with the flavor on the V200.   

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #3,180 of 6,329
Glory,

What difference did you see with your hd650 and the gsx vs. using the vioelectric?

You know, someone asked me that before, and I ment to make a full post about it but life gets in the way... and I'm enjoying the F7s to much..... uhoh.

My v200 has been my bedside rig for a while now so I haven't really been using it with the HD650s. The 650s are hands down my favorite headphone and it's AMAZING on tubes, but the GSX+LCD3 is really gives the 650+WA6SE a good run.

Off the top of my head (and I intend to be more complete in my thoughts later) regarding 650 single ended the v200 is warmer but I like warm so that's not bad per say. GSX faster and more spacious and turns the 650s into something much more nimble at the expense of the of the famous HD650 smoothness. This may sound like a great thing (and to most people it is) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the slow smooth politeness of the HD650 so in the end I'll stick with tubes for it.

Now for LCD3 + GSX vs LCD3+v200.... no competition the GSX brings those bad boys to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back