The Happy State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market
May 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #16 of 19
I think all these hi-end DAPs are good in SQ. (IEMs as well, different but ALL good)
The note 3 is absolutely too big, the Sony is a little too big and has no physical navigation buttons.
But is very well designed, the jack is on the bottom (no stupid 180° cable bending), all the controls are accessible by one thumb and their position is logic (center :play pause, high :forward, low :back)
You can do all essentials controls blind and there is a large very high quality screen to choose you album.
That DAP is intelligent from everywhere.
No one can compete...

The headphone jack on the top or bottom is subjective. It depends if you have it in your pocket or in your hand or on a table. It really doesn't matter where the jack is. I don't understand the 180 degree cable bending, unless you like it upside down in your pocket.

Apple has always had great sounding players, but they were limited on what they could drive, you have to use itunes and you pay a premium for storage. I like that there are more choices even if some of them are outrageous in price.

May 20, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 19

I think all these hi-end DAPs are good in SQ. (IEMs as well, different but ALL good)
The note 3 is absolutely too big, the Sony is a little too big and has no physical navigation buttons.
But is very well designed, the jack is on the bottom (no stupid 180° cable bending), all the controls are accessible by one thumb and their position is logic (center :play pause, high :forward, low :back)
You can do all essentials controls blind and there is a large very high quality screen to choose you album.
That DAP is intelligent from everywhere.
No one can compete...

The headphone jack on the top or bottom is subjective. It depends if you have it in your pocket or in your hand or on a table. It really doesn't matter where the jack is. I don't understand the 180 degree cable bending, unless you like it upside down in your pocket.

Apple has always had great sounding players, but they were limited on what they could drive, you have to use itunes and you pay a premium for storage. I like that there are more choices even if some of them are outrageous in price.

You use your smartphone on a table, really ?
What about you computer... it's a little bit too big and heavy for your hand! no!
i'm joking
biggrin.gif

Just take the DAP in your hand and headphones on your head !

Even if you use it on a table in front of you... why don't put the connector in front of you...
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 19
I use mine at work on the table, because I can not play music through my computer. Yes, you are correct, on the table, I would prefer a headphone connector on the bottom, but the line out is on the bottom on my DAP. If I used an amp, it would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back