the happiest day of my life.
Jun 18, 2003 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
In Good charlotte's song The Day That I Die, they say "I swear the happiest day of my life is the day that I died"

My happiest day of my life was very recently. During the yearbook signing. It was something new and exciting. Note: Im a danish exchange student here in the US, and we dont have similar thing in my country. Every body said that they were gonna miss me. Im gonna miss them to... a lot
frown.gif
. I was a nice way to round up "the best year of my life". I now im gonna cry when I go back home in a couple of weeks
frown.gif
. But im trying to stay positve. I also kindda look forward to see my old frinds.

Damn I gonna miss all of my american fellows :crying:. Well I'll look forward to see them again maby next year, or defently in 2 years @ 1st gradiotaion (EVER) at my school. Note2: my school is only 3 years old, so it only goes to 10th grade - I should be a junior
very_evil_smiley.gif

So is there one period or day of your life, that your you feel is the happiest day of your life ?

Cheers
~ Rasmus

Jun 18, 2003 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 20
I'd have to say when my son was born. He is going into high school next year...man, time really does pass by fast, and the older you get, the faster it goes. Hey Pank2002, just remember, you can always hang here with us, even from Denmark! Held og lykke!
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 20
Hi Pank2002,

My older sister was an exchange student in Denmark back in the 1970's and she still keeps in touch with friends and her "family" in Copenhagen.

I was just a kid then but I remember she came back able to outdrink all of her friends here in the States and like you, went through a period of being very sad that she couldn't be with her Danish friends anymore.

OTOH, she gave my a very cool sticker of a ski resort called "Devil's Head" and a huge Danish flag which I kept through the years and put up in my dorm room in college.

I've always felt connected to Denmark because of her (I'm a fan of the Danish football team even though their uniforms are really ugly!) and I'm very happy that you seem to have had as enjoyable a time here as she had in Denmark.

Best wishes and have a safe trip home!

Jun 18, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #4 of 20
-->spaceman reote Held og lykke!
Mange tak ! Do you speak danish ? I was so funny, when i was in SF (now that a cool city), and this taxidriver begin to talk in danish (he had been "eating" danish whatever that means
confused.gif
). Thanks for letting me stay here atlest.

-->BoyElroy
That so awesome. My family in denmark might have a exchange student next year from somewhere, unless I make a Veto against it.
You can drink leagaly in denmark when your 15 years old, but you can drive before youre 18. I like the danish flag - Its kindda cool because scandinavia was one of the last part of europe to become chritian, but they the only which have the cross in their flag
smily_headphones1.gif

Football (american) or football (rest of world) ? I think my football shirt is the most fu*king awesome shirt i have. Check out the new one (2002) here: http://www.hummel.dk/sw194.asp

Cheers !
~ Rasmus

Jun 18, 2003 at 6:45 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by pank2002
Mange tak ! Do you speak danish ?

No, unfortunately I do not. My wife is Norwegian, so I have picked up a few Scandinavian words over the years. Good luck in Norwegian (Lykke til), is similar to yours, but I still had to look up the translation
confused.gif

Safe Journies, Rasmus

Jun 18, 2003 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 20
Thanks for the link, Rasmus. Unfortunately, I was speaking about the Danish soccer/football team! There's something about the red shirt and white pants that looks odd to me....

I'm sorry about saying that since I'm sure 99% of the Danes love the design and that's whats important.

Actually, I like the English teams colors. Their outfits , along with the Italians, were probably the snazziest at the last World Cup.

The American uniforms are almost always ugly at international sports events (except the 1984 US Mens Olympic Basketball team with MJ) so I guess I should stop right there!

Jun 18, 2003 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by pank2002
Mange tak ! Do you speak danish ? I was so funny, when i was in SF (now that a cool city), and this taxidriver begin to talk in danish (he had been "eating" danish whatever that means
confused.gif
).

biggrin.gif
Danish = Wienerbrød

No wonder he'd been eating it...
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2003 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 20
I was never an exchange student, but I looking back at my time in high school with great nostalgia. Those were some of the happiest times of my life, for sure. High school was an awakening in many senses of the word for me.

The birth of my two kids and marriage to my beautiful wife were also pretty good times.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #11 of 20
Merton, slowly repeat after me.
Headphones are not everything in the world.

Jun 18, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
biggrin.gif
Danish = Wienerbrød

No wonder he'd been eating it...
wink.gif

American wienerbrød (danish pastry) sucks big times
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #13 of 20
I was an exchange student. The key is to make sure you don't come back. I never thought I would, and there I was, 6 years later, within 50 miles of the location of the crime.
biggrin.gif

Five years later, I'm leaving again. Let's see when I get sucked back the next time
very_evil_smiley.gif

But kidding aside: The real key is to be nice to your friend back home and to lay off the "when i was in/at/with ...." references to your exchange year/location/friends after a while. It is really easy/tempting/natural for you to do, but gets really really annoying really really fast (kind of like my use of 'really').

Enjoy the re-entry culture shock,

Legoman

Jun 19, 2003 at 1:00 AM Post #14 of 20
Happiest/Saddest time - finally getting that visa to come here approved, and finally coming here to actually be in the same country, city, neighborhood, apartment as my now-husband, after 4 years of an LD-relationship and 1 summer visit.

Saddest, well leaving home to go live so far away is always kinda sad, but I was otherwise so happy until one moment -

Saying goodbye to Beau was the worst. I still think he should come here and live with us. I really miss him still.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #15 of 20
WOW, it sounds pathetic, but one of the most happiest times of my life is actually seeing The Cure live for the first time in February 2000 after being a fan for all those years. I've had so much bad luck with The Cure tours that i never got a chance to attend a show. Missed the Prayer tour (1989) cos i was too young, for some reason or another, i missed the Wish tour (1992) and the Swing Tour (1996). Hell if i was ever going to miss the Bloodflowers Promo tour and the Dream Tour (2000). i remember camping out in the bitter January cold overnight just to get tickets.

in a more general sense of happy times, definately my senior year at college. i was doing my thesis, having a part time job, and being an RA in the dorms. i hardly had any sleep between the work and the parties, but i loved every minute of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back