The Grey Album?
Feb 26, 2004 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Feb 26, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 6
I heard about it, but felt little reason to get my hands on it. I don't care much for that Grey Tuesday idea myself though. I can appreciate what some feel as an expression of freedom, but what they're fighting for is free use of other peoples work whenever they want. A decent fight when it comes to honorable people, but a larger overall legal headache than they seem to realize.

Feb 26, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 6
I'm trying to get my hands on it now, I've heard good things about it. Ask me again in an hour and i'll tell you what i think of it... It seems like a pertty cool concept though.

What's everyone's favourite track?

Feb 26, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Just d/l it today and listened to it...it's an interesting listen...at times the mix is seamless and sound sonically coherent...at other times it just sounds like two different sounds competing with each other. Will definitely require more listen to better evaluate.

Feb 26, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 6
I enjoyed the grey album a fair amount. Grey Tuesday isn't about letting sample artists sell stuff with samples for nothing... it's about setting reasonable precedents for licensing methods.

Feb 26, 2004 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Well i've given it a few listens now, and i really like it. Put simply it's just Jay-Z rapping over The Beatles, but DJ Dangermouse has mixed it really well.

I had heard about the album a while ago (from slashdot) but wasn't aware of grey tuesday till this post. It's amazing how something like that can be organsised, and how the album made gold in a day, all from approximately 400 sites... Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back