The Great Lamenting
Jul 24, 2003 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Schizorabbit

Head-Fier
When will rock return? I don't know exactly what inspired this post. Perhaps it was the time I was driving, while listening to the radio, and thinking; "How long is this radio station going to play this band? I mean this has got to be about 5 songs in a row they've done, and they're all bad too." Little did I know that they were all DIFFERENT bands! What the hell is this? Is everyone becomming Blink-182? And if they are: God Help Us! I mean what ever happened to unique sounding bands? WHat ever happened to the Nirvana's, Rage Against the Machine's, Bush's, and the Pearl Jam's. I mean it wasn't more than a decade ago that we had great rock bands signed to big labels making incredible music. I simply want to end this post with a hope, or a prayer I should say. LET LIGHT SHINE DOWN UPON THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, LET INDIVIDUALITY BE GOOD AGAIN, AND LET THE MUSIC COME BACK!!!!!!
-Thank you for reading this lamentation.

Jul 25, 2003 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 4
in my experience you can just write radio as we know it off completely. there is good rock out there, you just have to know where to look for it, this board for instance, stay on it long enough and you'll discover plenty of good stuff reco'd from this forum alone, I know I've spent plenty just on stuff that I've read about in the music forum at headfi. and I've rarely been disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back