The great Koss debate
May 24, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
I am currently trying to put the Koss driver's into a $10 pair of Eggphones (Eggo knock-offs) to get that Eggo fit, and Koss sound, BUT the driver is a little too large, and will take some more modification than I originally thought.

I just put a pair of KSC-35 drivers into my old Sony MDR-cd350's, which are similar in size and shape to the Eggo’s. I spent a great deal of time placing them precisely and insuring the drivers were positioned optimally. Despite trying everything I could think of to improve the sound, they are a terrible match (though better than the original cd350 drivers).
The only thing of interest was when I stuffed “pulled” cotton fiber into the cups. The sound was still awful, but the bass was mind-blowing. In fact, the bass was about as good as I’ve heard. I put on a great live bass solo by Victor Wooten and was blown away. So now I have a pair of bass-only cans, though other than that they are one step away from the dumpster.

May 25, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB.
So now I have a pair of bass-only cans, though other than that they are one step away from the dumpster.

Have I got a CD for you!!

"SuperBass" by Ray Brown with John Clayton

an excerpt from the review:
"The idea of a bass trio on records probably would have been unthinkable in the primitive days of recording when Brown was coming up, but Telarc's fabulously deep yet clear engineering makes it seem like a natural thing to do. "
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back