The Grado SR325i Appreciation Thread!
Aug 7, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #76 of 112
how's the 325i with a "bad" amplifier/dac such as the HeadRoom Total Bithead powered straight out of a computer?

Aug 7, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #77 of 112
A pair of 325i is on the way. I can hardly wait for them... Right now i'm listening to AKG K501; its a perfect headphone but kind of borring, i hope 325i will add some joy to my listening sessions
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #78 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by OvidiuDanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A pair of 325i is on the way. I can hardly wait for them... Right now i'm listening to AKG K501; its a perfect headphone but kind of borring, i hope 325i will add some joy to my listening sessions
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats !!!
You will surely enjoy your new toy 325i
cool.gif

It is a very unique headphone and you will have lots of fun with it.

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #79 of 112
I've got a 325i on its way! I can hardly wait for it. Listening to SR80s atm, but fancied another Grado with even more detail, and I've really been craving a metal housing. I think i might have to woody up my SR80s.
Going to be using these with a Voyager
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2008 at 9:19 AM Post #80 of 112
Just got mine. They sound FANTASTIC. Ridiculously detailed, and bright, yes, but not over-bright! just bright in a detailed way. i can hear ALL my music! Amazing.
Can't wait til after burn-in

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #81 of 112
I have a pair of 325i. I am wearing them right now, walking on a treadmill (the very brisk walk lasts 1+ hours), and they are more or less unnoticeable. If there's one thing I now and then miss compared to my old Beyerdynamic DT801, it is that exaggerated bass sometimes makes for a good mood.

Aside from that ... nothing. Great sound. But it does make me wonder what the ones further up the Grado line sound like.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #82 of 112
Just got a used pair (again...) and like them. They do sound similar to my MS1's though.. At first I got pissed since they sounded the same, but now I can hear the differences.

My SN is 6074

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #83 of 112
Currently I am using a pair of SR80's that I love, but I am looking to potentially upgrade in the near future. I have always considered the 325i because it seems pretty unique with its sound signature and metal housing design.

The only thing that makes me shy away from them is their pricepoint and the fact that they seem to be a love/hate thing with most people.

What really sells the 325i for you guys versus other phones in the price range? What other phones in the price range do you guys own?

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #84 of 112
For me It's mainly how the SR series handles rock music.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #85 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me It's mainly how the SR series handles rock music.

That is a good point. I do listen to lots of rock/metal, so that's a plus for me.

I've read that the difference going up the Grado line is not very big, can you comment on that? Have you compared SR80's to the SR325i directly?

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #86 of 112
They have a reputation for some harshness but my feeling is that they are just extremely revealing of whatever is driving them, so are not harsh in and of themselves. I've only got one other mid-priced set to reference the Grado against and that's the Yamaha closed back studio monitors my mom uses on her electronic piano. I heard them briefly and they were very convincing. I think the fact that these $300 will last 10 years or more (my SR80s are still good after nearly 15 yrs) makes them a bargain.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #87 of 112
Yeah I'm gonna keep my woodied 325i's also for a while I think. They sound very sweet, I haven't heard they benefit much from a good amp though.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #88 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how's the 325i with a "bad" amplifier/dac such as the HeadRoom Total Bithead powered straight out of a computer?

I used mine out of a Bithead at first. It sounds very nice, actually, quite a bit better than SR80s on the same system. Upgrading from the BH to the Micro Amp, though, was an eye opener. Dynamics were... wow.
biggrin.gif
And the Ultra Micro DAC just added extra detail, speed and bass icing on that cake.

So in short, they sound good out of cheap equipment, but better out of good equipment.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #89 of 112
Just bought a pair of gold headphones yesterday at a real steal (under $250). How can I tell which # they are? The box says #9050 on the back, but is this on the headphones anywhere?

Also, how many of these gold cans were made?

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #90 of 112
loved my 325i, sorry to have let them go, i will own a pair again one day....please...

great synergy with the electronic music i was listening to (even with various amps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back