The GRADO EXPERIENCE (Comparing the GRADO line)
May 31, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #16 of 84
Nice little review... Kudos to you for going out and demoing things. Thats the first thing everyone should do.

I cant place too much value in your post though, simply because you switched songs with every can. (Am I the only one to see this flaw) IMHO you could have very well been hearing differences in recorded material... not so much the cans themselves.

Im fairly certain Tom Petty's full moon fever doesnt have quite the image and separation that some of those Pink Floyd tunes have. ITry demoing the SR60 with Floyd and the SR325 with Tom petty... Hows the image now?

My suggestion to you would be to try and clear your mind of any pre-formed oppinions from your first session and re-demo them playing the same song every time. You never know, the SR60 just might surprise you with the right recorded material... I know my SR40 certainly has.

Garrett

Garrett

May 31, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #17 of 84
head-fi is very lax when it comes to opinions/impressions/reviews. we're pretty subjective around here lol. but misnaming products could get a bit sketchy, which is why i mentioned the pad thing and the 325 thing. no harm done, this thread won't lead anyone astray at this point.

as to the equipment, if that's what he's going to use with his grados, that's what he should listen with. he might find that with that rig he's not going to need any grado above the SR225 - and it looks like the synergy is with the SR125 to his tastes, which works out ok.

btw if you are looking at the SR125, consider the Alessandro MS-1 for $99 shipped worldwide at www.alessandro-products.com, it's basically the SR125 for cheaper.

May 31, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #18 of 84
If that was enough to confuse you, then god bless you.lol

Nice impressions. I don't think a few mixups with pad naming is all the bad. I still got the basic idea of what you meant.
wink.gif

May 31, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 84
Thanks for the moral support, after getting somewhat trashed on my first review, maybe ill do better when i get my ER-4s in. lol

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #24 of 84
thanks guys, Im probably going to head back to give them a listen again this weekend. Ill try out all the same music on all different pairs this way to compare and contrast better

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #25 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
414 pads, actually
wink.gif

DOH i got burned!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #26 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
DOH i got burned!
smily_headphones1.gif

lol, this is so funny. ppl on head-fi can't wait to be right.
icon10.gif
i love reading this board.

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #27 of 84
Jahn how are the Sr200s? Are they older? How do they compare with the current Grado line?

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #28 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
lol, this is so funny. ppl on head-fi can't wait to be right.
icon10.gif
i love reading this board.

it is quite lively, isn't it?
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #29 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little J040
Jahn how are the Sr200s? Are they older? How do they compare with the current Grado line?

He must love um because I just can't pry them from his hands. Jahn will ever go through with selling them?

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #30 of 84
Haha youve tried to buy them from him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back