The Good, The Bad, & The Queen - sound quality?
Feb 5, 2008 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mattopia

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've been hearing a lot of The Good, The Bad, & The Queen lately on Sirius Left of Center, so I decided to pick up their self titled album.

So far I've been pretty unimpressed with sound quality. I was listening at work today on my 5.5 gen iPod and Senn PX100's, and I noticed a lot of distortion/clipping on track four. I thought it might just be the noisy iPod output, so I tried again at home on my Macbook Pro -> Total Bithead -> Grado SR60's and noticed the same thing.

Now, my gear is far from high end, but I still don't think I should be hearing any distortion.

Files were ripped into Apple Lossless via iTunes using my usual process which generally generates some good sounding files.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this on this album?

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 4
Its a great album that suffers from the modern mastering approach. Still - it's a great album.

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 4
Having decent cans really makes me realize just how ****ty some releases seem to be.
frown.gif

I have a Zeppelin 2-cd greatest hits box set. The Amazon reviews raved about how great the remastering was. All I hear is distortion -- and not the intentional kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back