The good science fiction recommendation thread
Sep 29, 2016 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Double-A

Formerly known as KingOfTheWild.
Hello all, I just finished watching Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane tonight. The idea of a sequel to 10 Cloverfield Lane, my anxious anticipation for Alien: Covenant, my fondness of Prelude to Foundation and Forward the Foundation (the only Foundation books I have read . . . yet), and my ever-growing fondness for the genre of science fiction in general all contributed to making me want to start a science fiction appreciation/discussion thread.

This thread is being created so that all registered users of Head-Fi who are fans of the science fiction genre may post about science fiction titles in any format that they are looking forward to consuming, science fiction titles that they love and would like to share with others, and, in general, topics that they believe other science fiction enthusiasts would be interested in.

OK, let's have fun with this!

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Prelude to Foundation seemed like the logical place to start the Foundation series for me - didn't realise it wasn't the first written! Asimov was one of my favourite authors as a young teen - his Robot series and laws of robotics (loved the link-in with Prelude on that note!) felt like the laws of the universe to me, indefeasible and perfectly crafted. 

Have you watched the Battlestar Galactica (post 2000) series? Loved every minute of it, awesome stuff.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 6
I have not seen Battlestar Galactica Mightygrey. I just did a quick look to see if it is on Prime Instant Video or Netflix and I didn't find it.
frown.gif

It's still on Netflix if you know how to use a VPN + can tolerate foreign subtitles.

http://unogs.com/video/?v=70136119

Sadly it never included the for-TV-movies or the extended episodes.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 6

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back