The "good old days"
Dec 29, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #31 of 37
I built up JLH's balanced discrete amp. I did combine it with a natural cross feed. It sounds great with my new Senn HD650. I used some old BC414/416, polypropylene caps und Panasonic OS-Cons. It is worth to try this little circuit. The only problem is to obtain the low resistance pot (4,7k). Next week I will compare it to the Stoopid.

Happy New Year to all DIY's.
eggosmile.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #32 of 37
And George Briggs books about loudspeakers? OMG! These books is very informative and very popular! And Briggs have writed these in 1950!

I like the paragraph who Briggs speak about Baffles.

The JHL Class-A is a very good amplifier. Me and a friend has mouted a JHL 10w in 1 or 2 years ago. The sound is very clean. I thinking the JHL design is the best design who I see.

Thanks.

Dec 29, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

Oh. I'm not going to be that young anymore next week.

-Ed

Hey me too... cool!
tongue.gif

My first kit was a Heathkit receiver (way back when). Believe it or not it still survives. I gave it to my cousin and he still uses it!

-R-

Jan 1, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
I later added the SWTPC Preamp that used discrete opamp plug in modules and a really cool if a pain in the a*s push button tone control and the "upgraded" power amp that supercesed the Plastic tiger :

http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/Catalog2/Cover1.jpg

I built that preamp from kit form, and it was my primary audio system for at least ten years.

I upgraded the regulated +/- 15V power supply within the first year, and kept spraying the switch contacts every month since they were so prone to oxidation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back