The Future of Music
Aug 25, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 26
The Madonna Album "Confessions on a dance floor" is a perfect example of this. Every time I play it I have to crank the volume WAY down on my amp.

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 26
Its a shame we have turned to the point where good sound = loud and no definition...

All of us head-fiers spend all the money we can to make every element of our lineup the best it can be but the one piece we can't change is slowly going down hill which probably explains why so many people love their vinyl
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 26
I get real nervous about buying CDs of even music from back in the 60s, worrying that it may be re-mastered to todays' standards.

....so far I've been fairly lucky.

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #9 of 26
yeah i was really concious of this today whilst out getting some new albums, i was looking for japans, tin drum album, and was confronted by 3 different versions,

one seemingly normal original
one that was remastered
one that was dts expanded

i was asking the guy behind the counter which he thought would be the least tampered with recording, and we both came to the conclusion it would be safer bet to go for the oldest recording - the original - but i couldnt help feeling a bit frustrated that the expanded had some additional tracks on, live versions etc, but i do ultimately want the least compressed, less loud recording so....what can you do.

its a sad state of affairs to be in with music, but i guess like, all things mass marketed at the public, which music is, it always caters to the lowest common demoninator.
mad.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 26
Im guessing they are doing it just so they can release the 'Remastered Flac Download Series" of classic 2000s albums in 20 years. They have to get us to rebuy the stuff somehow.

Aug 26, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is why I am listening to more and more classical music.

I also have played orchestra hence my love for classical
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #13 of 26
Very good article, it makes you wonder though. Once again business goals are ruining music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back