The front panel of the X-fi Platinum
Feb 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BCS88

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi'ers,

I would like to ask a question about the Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion series soundcard with a front panel.

I googled and checked creative's webbie, but did not succeed finding the answer.

Does the front panel of the sound card do have an amplifier build in? I want to use them with my new Sennheiser HD 595's, wich i just orderd
k701smile.gif

I hope they can, because spending more money on an amp than the headphone itself doesnt cheer me.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey, I'm no expert, but I guess it can deliver the same amount of power to the front panel jacks...

My question is about whether the front panel jacks deliver worse audio quality than the rear ones?
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aellius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I'm no expert, but I guess it can deliver the same amount of power to the front panel jacks...

My question is about whether the front panel jacks deliver worse audio quality than the rear ones?
confused_face_2.gif

It was a long time ago that i tested it, but the front panel sounds definitely alot worse than the rear.
Night and day.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 4
havent had the champion, but have had the x-fi platinum, and audigy1 and 2zs platinum. the front panel uses its own dac and power source (you hook up a floppy power connector to it)

now welcome to the wonderful world of creative labs. some front panels are stronger than the card audio jacks. the audigys were for sure. the x-fi wasnt. however, some x-fis are reported to have amplified front panels. the front panles generally have sweeter sounding dacs but less bass than the card audio jack.

the good news for you is that an x-fi is a strong sound card and will drive those senns no problem. if you do want an amp, do not get a portable cmoy, go-vibe, etc: as they are not much stronger than the x-fi itself. a small desktop amp like a creek or little dot would make you happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back