The forum is dead. Long live the forum!
Aug 13, 2006 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

dougmwpsu

100+ Head-Fier
For awhile now, I’ve been coming by head-fi less and less. My headphone setup has more or less stabilized and I’ve had less motivation to sit down and actually discuss audio. As such, I’ve been spending more and more time in the member’s lounge just chit chatting. However, the limitations of the lounge have been getting to me lately. Without religion or politics, things are really whitewashed. It’s all puppies, sunglasses and beer.

So.. I think it’s time I moved on to a new forum community. I need somewhere with the maturity of head-fi, but the freedom to talk about real issues. I want to be able to talk about religion, politics, society, education, without ridicule or moderation. I need a community consisting of a diverse group of people, who, though they have their own beliefs, they are still willing to listen to the views of others. I need a place that’s the exact opposite of genmay
wink.gif

So give me a link, and I’ll be off to my brave new world.

Aug 13, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by dougmwpsu
Without religion or politics, things are really whitewashed. It’s all puppies, sunglasses and beer.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 57
Quote:

Without religion or politics, things are really whitewashed.

hello, the other other religion CABLES.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

Great start, but how about someplace less crackpot and more centrist? (I'm not trying to be sarcastic)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
hello, the other other religion CABLES.

and on the third day, the LORD God said "let there be oxygen free copper"
eggosmile.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 57
Quote:

I need somewhere with the maturity of head-fi, but the freedom to talk about real issues. I want to be able to talk about religion, politics, society, education, without ridicule or moderation. I need a community consisting of a diverse group of people, who, though they have their own beliefs, they are still willing to listen to the views of others. I need a place that’s the exact opposite of genmay
wink.gif

So give me a link, and I’ll be off to my brave new world.

Link removed - probably not the kind of thing you're looking for

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 57
Quote:

Without religion or politics, things are really whitewashed. It’s all puppies, sunglasses and beer.

And that's a bad thing? I've been around long enough to remember TIO (take it outside) and I think this forum is far better off for having shut it down. There are plenty of alternative forums for you to delve into religion and politics, if that is your desire.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #10 of 57
Quote:

It’s all puppies, sunglasses and beer.

Honestly, is there anything else more important?
tongue.gif

Seriously though, we can discuss politics & religion all we want in a forum, but it won't change a thing in the real world. All this does is create enemies, and that is not what Head-fi is all about. I understand and appreciate the prohibitation of politics & religion here, we are a big family and need to stay that way
wink.gif

BTW, the paid Genmay of hardforum.com is kickass for discussing political & religious themed topics
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #11 of 57
go to where the bunnies live and you may be happier there...
as for me, i agree that head-fi is a much better place with the restrictions and that the goal here is audio and the member's lounge is a lighthearted place to hang.

Aug 13, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #13 of 57
The member's lounge isn't that bad, the only reason topics are sorta dull is cause everything that can be discussed, has been. I'm positive there are interesting subjects which don't qualfiy as politics/religion.

As for TIO, the only reason I visited was too watch the poop-flingin'. Ah, good times.

Aug 13, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #14 of 57
Quote:

and on the third day, the LORD God said "let there be oxygen free copper"
eggosmile.gif

You HERETIC! Let there be SILVER, that's what He said!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back