The force is strong with this one!
May 24, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
I am not impressed by the programming behiund it, but by how many terms must be included if it can correctly guess cauliflower and minidisk player.

most guessing games end at 20 tries... 2^20 = 1 million objects. i couldnt hink of 1 mil objects if it ried

May 24, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20
most guessing games end at 20 tries... 2^20 = 1 million objects. i couldnt hink of 1 mil objects if it ried

Yes, but this game doesn't follow a strict successive binary partitioning of the solution set. It's impressive because it tolerates ambiguity and it can get the answers right even if you give the "wrong" answer to one or more of the earlier questions.

Even though it asks questions like a standard guessing game, the engine clearly uses statistical inference techniques.

May 25, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20

I'm not sure you understand what I am trying to say...

I am impressed by the obscurity of some of the objects in the program's database.

May 25, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #49 of 63
I thought of woman and he guessed "human being."

Then it ended. I was like huh? So woman stumped him. Fun nonetheless, even if he likes to cheat and walk away!

May 25, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #50 of 63
He guessed Water Buffalo in 19 questions!

Anyone else notice the chicken walking in the background?

EDIT: I tryed "male sex organ". It took him 20 questions to guess urethra; 30 for procreation.

Some questions he asked:

Is it hard?

You can drink from it?

Is it shaped like a hot dog?

Can it be used for entertainment?

Does it have a hole in it?

Can you hold it?

Can you get milk from it?

Can you find it in the office?

Can you find it in the classroom?

Can you find it in the bathroom?

Does it bring joy to people?

Oct 20, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #52 of 63
my word is "condom" on 23rd question he said "Lubricant" after i said NO it just said "I have read your mind" lol

Oct 20, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #53 of 63
he couldn't guess armpit either. Kept thinking I was refering to furry animals.
eek.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #57 of 63
"Impressive.... Most impressive."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back