The "For Sale" forums/The For Sale forum + Ebay
Jul 17, 2005 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

Julz

500+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure if it's just me... does anyone else find it annoying to check out something in the For Sale forums, only to find it's just a "Hey, look what I put on eBay" advertisment ?

Yeah, I know... it's probably just me...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julz
I'm not sure if it's just me... does anyone else find it annoying to check out something in the For Sale forums, only to find it's just a "Hey, look what I put on eBay" advertisment ?

Yeah, I know... it's probably just me...
rolleyes.gif

pm a moderator, and have it deleted.

do everyone a service.

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 61
I, as ebay user, couldn't care less how it is being sold.

But I guess it is a hassle for those who aren't ebay members.

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 61
I just think that OUR for sale forums should be for OUR community, initially, if not exclusively.

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #7 of 61
Quote:

I just think that OUR for sale forums should be for OUR community, initially, if not exclusively.

I disagree, because the seller has a much bigger audience putting on ebay and here. Why only put it on here?

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 61
the most open ( but also somewhat granted and protected ) the sale forum is , the better it is .

True that some ads. should be removed .. but in the end I really don't care about they are/should be removed or not .

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 61
... and I'd have no problem with a seperate ebay listings thread... where people could advertise their wares and inform of found listings... but keep the for sale forums for things available for sale to us...

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #11 of 61
Quote:

You sure do have a point there.

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #12 of 61
I think it's a rather grey area. As far as I can remember, there's nothing against it in the letter of the rules as long as the intent is still well and good. Plus, there is no compensation to Head-fi for posting in the For Sale forum so there is not anything that's truly binding the sales to within these forums.

I have posted an item on e-bay and put it up on the for sale forum before. I had an initial interest check and had numerous responses for it. Due to the fact that the item was rather unique, I put it up on e-bay to let everyone have a chance at it. The end result was that it sold for only $10 more and I ended up being paid the same as my original asking price after the e-bay and paypal fees. Most of what we are interested in is more of a niche product so putting something on e-bay is not going to be catering to that wider of an audience.

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #13 of 61
Quote:

No, it's not annoying at all.
First of all, I can't scan all national ebays all the time when I look for a special item, and the built-in international search of ebay is not reliable at all.
Second, it's a valuable information in itself that a long term head-fier instead of somebody totally unknown stands behind a specific ebay offer.

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #14 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
No, it's not annoying at all.
First of all, I can't scan all national ebays all the time when I look for a special item, and the built-in international search of ebay is not reliable at all.
Second, it's a valuable information in itself that a long term head-fier instead of somebody totally unknown stands behind a specific ebay offer.

True - It's another source of valuable feedback too in deciding wether to enter into a transaction with a seller or not - I link my Ebay feedback in my sig...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #15 of 61
I honestly don't like it when they do that . . they have a right to, I'm just an ass. When someone does it, I read it as "cmon, fight for my item that I want someone to bid on instead of putting a set price and selling to you cheapasses!, fight you dogs, har har!'

What really bothers me, is when they put someone else's auction, especially near the closing bids. Cause it screws over the people who found and watched the auction actively. People who are hoping to get an item at a decent price. Putting the ad here just jacks it up. We're not all rich, and trying to get something for what we have isn't a bad thing. So no one give me alls fair in love and war crap. Most of us are wallet-hollow bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back