The first true Audiophone ?
Jan 9, 2017 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Emerald Core

100+ Head-Fier
I've been researching for IEMs for over 5 years. Up to the point where I can't justify anything above a Sennhieser Momentum IEM in price point. Heck, there are many out there doing the same, reading piles of Head fi (and other forums) to justify spending a little more for quality pair of phones. I have read enough novels in whatever google threw at my screen. Up to the point where I realized that, it is not worth spending much to achieve the original sound from a stock snapdragon dac (or any other chip). 

I believe that, somewhere someplace, a revolutionary competition is going to emerge. Their objective is, (after mastering speed, photography and memory) to deliver bit perfect signal to any audio gear regardless of the specs/connection. A superphone that is built with luxury grade internals, and modest outer looks. An AI that learns/adapts to source files, medium and audio form. A master engine that calibrates itself, adjusts EQ dynamically on every bit (OLED's way?) and specifies amount of amplification required. Maybe a Devialet like "SAM" engine ? that, i don't know

Will 2017 invent the first true audiophone? 

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 2
Nah, high end audio is too niche. The camera battle will continue. The race is on for OS features to include better AI, voice recognition, internet of things, all whilst trying not to hamper battery life.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back