The first person to listen to the HD 598 CS Closed Back
Nov 21, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #19 of 45
Hi guys,

The HD 598 CS has been released on Amazon.in.

And I'm probably the first person to listen to them.

These are probably the same as HD 569 as per specs.

Ask me anything!

Aakshey

Hi Aakshey, 

I own the HD 598 Cs now. At this point, do we have ANY way of knowing whether or not they sound exactly the same as the HD 569 yet?? I checked and yes, they both DO have the exact same specs, but those specs don't measure or list other significant factors which affect sound quality like bass, mids, treble, soundstage, etc. 

Please let me know. This reviewer appears to agree with your assessment too. 

Thanks!! 

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #23 of 45
Nov 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #25 of 45
Received my HD 598 Cs today and they are terrific to my ears. I was surprised at the soundstage as these are closed headphones, it is impressive. They are very comfortable, I really like the pad material, it is a kind of suede like some of the vegan pads. The sound is great I listened to "Caecilie Norby, Lars Danielsson - Just The Two of Us", then "Marillion - Script For a Jester's Tear" and both albums sounded fantastic, straight out of the box with no burn in.

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #26 of 45
  Received my HD 598 Cs today and they are terrific to my ears. I was surprised at the soundstage as these are closed headphones, it is impressive. They are very comfortable, I really like the pad material, it is a kind of suede like some of the vegan pads. The sound is great I listened to "Caecilie Norby, Lars Danielsson - Just The Two of Us", then "Marillion - Script For a Jester's Tear" and both albums sounded fantastic, straight out of the box with no burn in.

Hey Panda, 

That's awesome! I'm really happy to hear you liked them out of the box. I felt the same way with mine. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #28 of 45
my wife has the HD598 SE and I have listened to that quite a bit. It is a nice headphone but I think the Cs has slightly better bass and treble. it also has the benefit of being closed. Oh and the pads......... perfect

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #30 of 45
So far I've only listened to the 598 Cs for a few hours, but I took a liking to them immediately. There's not much sub bass to speak of, and I found the mids a little lacking, but I think they're great for $100. Their sound may be too laid back for some though. 

Sennheiser is marketing them as a portable headphone, but for me they're a little bulky for that, also they don't fold up for storage. Isolation is about average for a closed headphone. I have a very large head and big ears, and I find them quite comfortable. The clamp might be a little strong for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back