The FFT appreciation thread
Mar 12, 2006 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
No, not Fast Fourier Transform. I'm talking about Final Fantasy Tactics.

This game refuses to age. I foolishly popped it in today. The save file was two years old, but it was just as awesome as the day I rescued it out of the bargain bin at Sam Goody's.

This game has stolen so many hours of my life. I could play it for 40 hours, and just decide to start it over again. It never gets old. It's has so many flaws, but it doesn't even matter.

Curse you, FFT, with your charming artwork, terrible translation, stimulating gameplay and perfect soundtrack!

When I buy a PS3, I will probably play FFT on it more than anything else.

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
No, not Fast Fourier Transform. I'm talking about Final Fantasy Tactics.

This game refuses to age. I foolishly popped it in today. The save file was two years old, but it was just as awesome as the day I rescued it out of the bargain bin at Sam Goody's.

This game has stolen so many hours of my life. I could play it for 40 hours, and just decide to start it over again. It never gets old. It's has so many flaws, but it doesn't even matter.

Curse you, FFT, with your charming artwork, terrible translation, stimulating gameplay and perfect soundtrack!

When I buy a PS3, I will probably play FFT on it more than anything else.

The FF franchise is perhaps one of the best in gaming, period. I caught the bug with Final Fantasy VII--it's easily one of my top favorites for the playstations consoles. Tactics also is awesome, and I totally agree that one can play for hours...and hours....and hours.

This thread is getting me excited for XII...may have to get a sony console as I only have the 360 now just to play that.

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, VII was the first I played; I think it is an excellent game. The thing about VII is it ushered in a newer era of games while at the same time being so good it wouldn't be surpassed for a long time. I think I beat FFVII at least three times.

VI/III was probably the best of the 2D final fantasies. I still think it's Uematsu's best work. I have the cartridge, of course.

I think the francise slipped downhill after VII, until X which was pretty good, and nothing after that has appealed to me at all.

(Minor spoilers)
The only bad thing about FFT is it can get really easy if you let it. Right now my I have Agrias as a Holy Knight with Two Swords, with Save the Queen (Meliadoul's sword) in one hand (for auto-protect of course) and Excalibur (Cid's sword) in the other (for auto-haste, of course) and mastered Punch Arts as secondary. Blade Grasp and 90+Br make her pretty much immune to regular attacks, and reflect mail makes magic pointless. Even underleveled I could probably beat most story battles just with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back