The fantastic AVVT 300B c37
Aug 9, 2006 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
This is the last 300B I have tested on my setup... yes, the last because I don't think I'd can find any 300B better.

This tube beats all the others 300B I have, unfortunately very rare to find another NOS pair like this, but this tube has a 40.000 hs life time !!!

Aug 9, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 6
I have tried all the 300B in my deifinitive setup... nothing to do... these AVVT c37 in my setup and for my tastes are absolutely the highest quality and the second is a lot distant.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
I have tried all the 300B in my deifinitive setup... nothing to do... these AVVT c37 in my setup and for my tastes are absolutely the highest quality and the second is a lot distant.

Congratulations on the AVVT C37. They are really hard to come by these days. I'm enjoying the higher-dissipation version of the AVVT C37 (AV32B) and think there probably is nothing better, but I haven't tried the WE new production (Alabama plant) 300B in my amp everyone is raving about. Have you tried the latest production WE300B?

Aug 10, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Yes, I have a pair of WE new production, very good, the second after the AVVT in my setup. The WE have beautifull mid and a very natural sound, the AVVT have all this plus detail, 3D sound and a lot of transparency.

Aug 12, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 6
Today another test for a second impression of the new tube AVVT... I came back to some others brand as WE, Sophia, JJ, Full Music... nothing, nothing, the AVVT sound as no any other 300B: better detail, "real detail", not only some hi frequences more... transparency and naturalness simply incredible. (I have found a second pair for replacements, but no any other AVVT c37 are now available, as I can see, no used or no one on eBay or Audiogon, (I'm very lucky).

This I say for the Cary SEI owners: if you can, try these tubes... you will discover what this amplifier can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back