The fall NYC meet
Sep 16, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #31 of 35
I've never made a "Grado Meet". I would love to attend a meet of this type. I have taken a little break from the "cans".

Sep 16, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #32 of 35
I've never made a "Grado Meet". I would love to attend a meet of this type. I have taken a little break from the "cans". I'm in central CT and have 7 rooms and a 2-car garage available.

Sep 16, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek
I've never made a "Grado Meet". I would love to attend a meet of this type. I have taken a little break from the "cans". I'm in central CT and have 7 rooms and a 2-car garage available.

We started an IC: NYC Area Meet here. Post there if you'd like to attend.

Are you inviting us city folk to your bucolic Connecticut compound? Some of us might be dangerous, you know.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm hoping to secure a free or cheap NYC area venue shortly. If not, maybe we can combine NY and Connecticut Head-Fiers and have a Novamperfest!
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #34 of 35
Has anyone checked with the Armory in Manhattan.
I went to a bike show there this year and they seemed to have a ton of space.
The Army might give us a good deal if no other event is scheduled.
I don't remember the exact location. I believe it was just south and east of Penn Station.

Sep 16, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #35 of 35
Keep the suggestions coming.

Chances are the Armory will be out of our price range, but I can check it out.

I figure our price range is basically $300. At $300 we could possibly get enough members to make a donation to cover most of the cost. I would be willing to kick in some extra cash so but I really wouldn't want that to exceed $50. I don't mind helping out but I have lots of personal expenses myself.

I still think I'm going to have the best luck at SJU to get free space since I'm a grad student there. I was checking out the terrace off of one of their cafeterias and it looks like a perfect space. It's a glassed in addition to the dining area that can be closed off with a partition. It looks like it could accomodate at least 50 people and there are multiple grounded outlets. There is access by car so you wouldn't have to carry gear more than 50 yards. I will follow up with them again today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back