The Faint
Mar 2, 2004 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sno1man

1000+ Head-Fier
I have gotten The Faint's Danse Macabre remixes recently and like it a lot.

My question is about other Faint music. In other words is the music on Danse Macabre representative of the Faint, the remixers or both?

Any opinions and or reccomendations on other Faint Albums?

Thanks in advance

Mar 2, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 5
The first Faint album is more pop rock (more guitar work) and after that they drifted towards new wave. Do yourself a huge favor and pickup Danse Macabre (non remix cd!) and Blank-Wave Arcade.

I got to see them last year live and they we're incredible, if they come around to your area definitely go see them!

biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 5
As Helloween pointed out, Faint drifted towards new wave on Blank Wave Arcade. I've heard them described as "Dance Punk" (for good reason I think, you can certainly get down with Blank Wave Arcade) and if you like...Hot Hot Heat, or maybe Rapture, you'd probably really like Blank Wave Arcade. I know I do. Its very entertaining both lyrically and musically Danse Macabre is good too. Never heard the remixes, though, I can't imagine them sounding better than the originals.

Mar 3, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you all for your replies. I ordered Blank Wave Arcade this morning.

I have never heard the orginal Danse Macabre and I am going to try to find it to although I am going to try the used route first.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back