The Ethernet cables, Switches and Network related sound thread. Share your listening experience only.
Sep 10, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #496 of 2,141
Dealing with those signals let us go to the moon. Allowed us to decode the human genome. Let's us fairly accurately predict weather. Take pictures of distant galaxies. Carry an always-connected combination GPS + computer + telephony device in your pocket. Little things like that.
Replacing power with cleaner power matters in audio and you can hear the difference. Yes even replacing router and switch power supply to quieter . Heard it myself. Good enough proof for me. My system never have sounded this good.

Its not a flaw in the designs of my products(apple tv 4k being one of those i heard improvement to, relating to the big companys you mentioned) its just how the physical laws of electricity with audio works.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #497 of 2,141
Anyone experienced lag between an audio and a video signal with home theatre components ?
all the video data arrives perfectly, all the audio data arrives perfectly but it’s annoyingly near unwatchable as the mouth moves out of sync with the voice … timing is critical … now replace the video and audio streams with a L/R stereo audio stream …digital Jitter is timing errors,
Double blind A/B listening tests or it’s placebo ?
again, timing is critical, switching back and forth between two audio streams may sound exactly the same .. for a few minutes maybe, what about listener fatigue ?
listening to a well setup stereo speaker system an identical sound from both speakers arriving at each ear at the same time “magically“ appears to be coming from between the speakers ?
But then an identical sound from both speakers with the left speaker signal delayed by a few microseconds moves the apparent sound source somewhere between the left and the middle of the speakers, then add to that the smaller level sounds of harmonics from various instruments and reflected sounds from various surfaces and you start to hear depth in the sound field rather that a flat plane between the speakers … the more accurately those sounds are reproduced in amplitude and timing the more realistic the sound image becomes, but then the human auditory system kicks in and does something test instruments can’t measure, if there’s a slight difference in those small levels and timings it actively processes them to match the perception of what it expected …. Keep listening for an extended period and it gets overloaded or weary and you find you don’t want to listen to any more music so go and watch TV, read a book, walk the dog …. “I thought you were listening to some music” ….ah ..I got tired of that ?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #498 of 2,141
do you need a hug?

I’d expect a better rebuttal from someone selling these types of products.

Then again, the engineering realities preclude a technical response. How about demonstrating these products, including the ones you sell, function as they claim to; measurements, properly controlled testing, valid technical/engineering explanation. Hand waving and customer testimonials seem to be all you have.

Perhaps you can explain how vendors engineer/test/manufacture these products without measurements and/or controlled testing? If they can’t actually test a product, how do they know it’s working as claimed? Just randomly build cables and hope for the best?

It’s going to be fun to see what happens when truth in advertising laws are applied here in the future. ”Manufacturers“ will be required to prove their claims or face fines. Better buy those magic Ethernet cables before that happens and the charlatans abandon ship rather than facing appropriate levels of scrutiny

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #499 of 2,141
I’d expect a better rebuttal from someone selling these types of products.

Then again, the engineering realities preclude a technical response. How about demonstrating these products, including the ones you sell, function as they claim to; measurements, properly controlled testing, valid technical/engineering explanation. Hand waving and customer testimonials seem to be all you have.

Perhaps you can explain how vendors engineer/test/manufacture these products without measurements and/or controlled testing? If they can’t actually test a product, how do they know it’s working as claimed? Just randomly build cables and hope for the best?

It’s going to be fun to see what happens when truth in advertising laws are applied here in the future. ”Manufacturers“ will be required to prove their claims or face fines. Better buy those magic Ethernet cables before that happens and the charlatans abandon ship rather than facing appropriate levels of scrutiny

Oh no bad day too?

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #500 of 2,141
Oh no bad day too?

What an incredibly ineffective technical explanation of how your products work. Rather sad seeing a MOT unable to provide any evidence that what they sell to this community actually performs as advertised.

Let’s try again - you sell products that you claim improve Ethernet. Please post information on how you design and test these products to ensure they work as claimed. You must have those, yes? Without those, it would be impossible to know you’ve succeeded with your design

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #501 of 2,141
What an incredibly ineffective technical explanation of how your products work. Rather sad seeing a MOT unable to provide any evidence that what they sell to this community actually performs as advertised.

Let’s try again - you sell products that you claim improve Ethernet. Please post information on how you design and test these products to ensure they work as claimed. You must have those, yes? Without those, it would be impossible to know you’ve succeeded with your design

I’m happy to send you any of our products to listen to . Just Dm me with your details :)

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #502 of 2,141
I’m happy to send you any of our products to listen to . Just Dm me with your details :)

Why do you keep avoiding posting information about your design and proof of operations? How can you assemble parts without that. This is Engineering 101 and is information any vendor would have

Show me a reason to invest time listening and I will. I’ll also measure and do a tear down to see exactly what off the shelf parts you’re marking up And claiming things that their actual manufacturers don’t

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #503 of 2,141
Why do you keep avoiding posting information about your design and proof of operations? How can you assemble parts without that. This is Engineering 101 and is information any vendor would have

Show me a reason to invest time listening and I will. I’ll also measure and do a tear down to see exactly what off the shelf parts you’re marking up And claiming things that their actual manufacturers don’t

Surely it’s just easier to listen to our products then you can decide for yourself. Let me know what you’d like
To listen to. I think at least that way you’ll know first hand. No charge at all. All I ask is you send it back when your done.

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #504 of 2,141
Surely it’s just easier to listen to our products then you can decide for yourself. Let me know what you’d like
To listen to. I think at least that way you’ll know first hand. No charge at all. All I ask is you send it back when your done.

Surely a vendor must have proof of functionality in order to sell into a market.

How would it be easier to ship me something and for me to listen to it than for you to post existing information?

Unless you don’t have it. But that can’t be the case - how can anyone build and sell electronics without knowing they work as planned?

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #505 of 2,141
In the past couple of weeks I’ve gone from being a quite satisfied streamer of music over the internet, using ROON + Tidal and Qobuz, to becoming someone who was curious as to what benefits my system could attain by addressing the issue of unwanted RFI entering my listening chain from either my router, or the Ethernet cables that I’ve tried. Subsequently I became aware of a possible solution when one of the partners in Network Acoustics Mr. Rob Osbourn, aka @teknorob23, reached out to kindly offer me some help. It took me a minute to put two and two together and to fully realize that he was in fact the man who makes the ENO Ethernet Filter System Ag. He suggested to me that I first introduce an inexpensive but adequately functional D-Link network switch between my router and my ROON Nucleus Rev B music server, with the switch being powered by a 5v iFi PSU, to find out if I could possibly hear any improvement in sound quality. And to my surprise there definitely was. The next step was going to be that of trying the ENO Ethernet filter Ag and streaming cable in my home system in conjunction with the D-Link network switch. After a couple hours of listening I decided that I rather liked the clearer and more defined sound coming through my headphones. I’m going to use as much if not all of Network Acoustics 30-day return window to make a decision on whether or not I’m going to keep the Ethernet filter and the streaming cable.

Attachments

• E0460DA9-8890-401B-923F-57ABBF48E682.jpeg
    E0460DA9-8890-401B-923F-57ABBF48E682.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 7107D459-E6FE-4C83-97AD-65C8848DEA85.jpeg
    7107D459-E6FE-4C83-97AD-65C8848DEA85.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #506 of 2,141

I would be interested in the outcome of that :)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #507 of 2,141
Surely a vendor must have proof of functionality in order to sell into a market.

How would it be easier to ship me something and for me to listen to it than for you to post existing information?

Unless you don’t have it. But that can’t be the case - how can anyone build and sell electronics without knowing they work as planned?
Our customers seem happy with our proposition. We develop our products through a program of continuous listening tests and sell them free worldwide shipping and a no quibble 30 day money back guarantee, so you can try them, test our findings in your own system and send them back for a full refund if you dont like the results. It’s a free market, so if these terms aren’t acceptable, you are free to move on and buy from a company who provides what you require.

We’re small millionaire-free business of passionate music loving audio engineers and I make no apologies for wanting to protect our IP or trying to make a living from spending every working hour trying to make products which increase ours and our customer’s listening pleasure.

Our customers understand our offering and prioritise the effectiveness of our products and whether they make listening to streamed music more enjoyable than it was without them. If this isn’t what you’re in this hobby for, then we’re probably not for you and that’s fine too, the choice is 100% yours.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #508 of 2,141
Our customers seem happy with our proposition. We develop our products through a program of continuous listening tests and sell them free worldwide shipping and a no quibble 30 day money back guarantee, so you can try them, test our findings in your own system and send them back for a full refund if you dont like the results. It’s a free market, so if these terms aren’t acceptable, you are free to move on and buy from a company who provides what you require.

We’re small millionaire-free business of passionate music loving audio engineers and I make no apologies for wanting to protect our IP or trying to make a living from spending every working hour trying to make products which increase ours and our customer’s listening pleasure.

We’re small millionaire-free business and I make no apologies for wanting to protect our IP or trying to make a living from spending every working hour trying to make products which increase our customer’s listening pleasure

Our customers understand our offering and prioritise the effectiveness of our products and whether they make listening to streamed music more enjoyable than it was without them. If this isn’t what you’re in this hobby for, then we’re probably not for you and that’s fine too, the choice is 100% yours.
I am surprised you even bothered to address that post.

It is utter nonsense to suggest that the cost of parts has a direct relationship to what a product should be sold for. People who say this sort of thing clearly have no idea how products are developed and the time taken to put things together when they are not mass produced, aside from the return on investment required to account for development of a product.

Telling this sort of person the ins and outs of how you make your product is not only a ridiculous thing to demand but would only lead to further argument. Instead, you offer a risk-free way of trying this product. I think it says a lot about a person if they are not willing to test their beliefs.

I highly recommend the ignore feature.

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #509 of 2,141

I keep asking for evidence - I keep getting the same non technical marketing spiel.

So, by your own post I’ve quoted, you design technical products with no technical knowledge, no measurements, either electrical or output, and no experience with Ethernet. Brilliant.

And you sell Ethernet and USB cables for over $1000 that you build from OTS components that likely cost less than $100.

As far as IP goes, given that you ”are millionaire free” and appear to not have any patents, you don’t have any. You can’t afford to have custom boards built for your products so you simply buy cheap off the shelf network electronics, repackage them, and upcharge 1000% to your customers. Of course, you can easily prove me wrong by showing the internals of your “designs” and show that these aren’t simply repackaged standard products…

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #510 of 2,141
I am surprised you even bothered to address that post.

It is utter nonsense to suggest that the cost of parts has a direct relationship to what a product should be sold for. People who say this sort of thing clearly have no idea how products are developed and the time taken to put things together when they are not mass produced, aside from the return on investment required to account for development of a product.

Telling this sort of person the ins and outs of how you make your product is not only a ridiculous thing to demand but would only lead to further argument. Instead, you offer a risk-free way of trying this product. I think it says a lot about a person if they are not willing to test their beliefs.

I highly recommend the ignore feature.

He’s not developing anything. His company simply takes apart standard, inexpensive products and puts them in a different case.

Of course, it would be simple to prove me wrong - don’t you wonder why no proof is ever offered? Sorry, but I don’t buy technology based on a vendor simply saying “trust me”.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back