The Ethernet cables, Switches and Network related sound thread. Share your listening experience only.
Jan 25, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #1,891 of 2,218
Jan 25, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #1,893 of 2,218
Gustard's gone from early 2000s style cable-boxes to mid/late 90s....🤮
As an R26 owner, the cable boxes jibe is uncomfortably on target dammit... though I reckon its rocking more of a 2000s VCR vibe :smile:. Certainly style wise the poor cousin to my Denafrips Athena or the classic minimalist lines of my LFD Integrated Zero LE or even the one piece machined alloys of my LHY stuff. Ah well, one can't have everything..

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #1,894 of 2,218
I've noticed after using LHY FMC, that everything before/upstream of the fiber connection has a very reduced impact on the overall sound. Lan cable's don't make a big enough difference before the LHY FMC fiber connection, in my system. Not sure if the ER would make a big enough difference upstream of the FMC, to warrant keeping it in the chain at that point.
I would like to see how much power it uses, LHY never seem to specify this on all their products for network or am I missing a pdf or something?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #1,896 of 2,218
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,898 of 2,218
I have an amazing LAN cable that I make . I’d love for you to try it
20g solid silver.
@camrector, thank you for the kind offer sir. But at this time my best LAN cable is made by @teknorob23 at Network Acoustics for their ENO Streaming System AG which goes from my Cisco network switch to my music server. In all honesty I’m not sure where in my listening chain your cable would be of most benefit. Possibly between my two switches, but that’s just conjecture on my part. Do you have any pictures that you could share, and do you use Telegartner RJ45 connectors?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #1,899 of 2,218
@camrector, thank you for the kind offer sir. But at this time my best LAN cable is made by @teknorob23 at Network Acoustics for their ENO Streaming System AG which goes from my Cisco network switch to my music server. In all honesty I’m not sure where in my listening chain your cable would be of most benefit. Possibly between my two switches, but that’s just conjecture on my part. Do you have any pictures that you could share, and do you use Telefunken RJ45 connectors?
Networks are good, but they are using a UP OCC copper conductor.
I’m using 20awg UP OCC solid silver.
There is no substitute.
I assume you mean Telegarnter rj45s
I do not use Telegarnters. They are overly shielded and use zinc connections.
Mine are 5u gold plated pure copper.

Pm and give it a try!

Attachments

• IMG_7022.jpeg
    IMG_7022.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 4, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #1,900 of 2,218
Networks are good, but they are using a UP OCC copper conductor.
I’m using 20awg UP OCC solid silver.
There is no substitute.

Are you measuring and controlling differential impedance? It should be 100 Ohms per pair—otherwise signal integrity (as seen on eye pattern) is compromise. Do you have the equipment to measure and confirm performance? Or is this just a DIY hobby cable?

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #1,903 of 2,218
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #1,904 of 2,218
How is the SW10 - are you using the clock output on it without issues?
It's working fine. I'm not using the clock on it though. There was only one issue and it happened recently, where it was plugged up but the light didn't turn on, I was able to fix it by just unplugging it and plugging it back up. It hasn't had any issues besides that and it only happened once.

Sounds better with speakers than it does with headphones(I use Susvara). I feel like there's a slight bit of roll off in the very top end, which affects dynamics slightly, similar to what iiWi reviews has said, but it synergizes perfectly with my Omega Compact Alnico monitor speakers. 3D holographic presentation is fantastic, tone and timbre is extremely natural. It absolutely felt like the performer/artist was in the room in that near field setup. The Susvara does feel slightly more 3D with the lhy than without, but not to the extent of the speakers, and at the cost of some sparkle at the top end. There were tradeoffs for headphones, no tradeoffs for speakers. I'm getting a Danacable Nirvana for my Susvara soon, so I hope it will add some top end sparkle for a little more dynamic range.

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #1,905 of 2,218
It's working fine. I'm not using the clock on it though. There was only one issue and it happened recently, where it was plugged up but the light didn't turn on, I was able to fix it by just unplugging it and plugging it back up. It hasn't had any issues besides that and it only happened once.

Sounds better with speakers than it does with headphones(I use Susvara). I feel like there's a slight bit of roll off in the very top end, which affects dynamics slightly, similar to what iiWi reviews has said, but it synergizes perfectly with my Omega Compact Alnico monitor speakers. 3D holographic presentation is fantastic, tone and timbre is extremely natural. It absolutely felt like the performer/artist was in the room in that near field setup. The Susvara does feel slightly more 3D with the lhy than without, but not to the extent of the speakers, and at the cost of some sparkle at the top end. There were tradeoffs for headphones, no tradeoffs for speakers. I'm getting a Danacable Nirvana for my Susvara soon, so I hope it will add some top end sparkle for a little more dynamic range.
Thanks! It is not difficult to roll of the highs on Susvara though😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back