The Ethernet cables, Switches and Network related sound thread. Share your listening experience only.
Jan 14, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #1,832 of 2,239
TeraDak OCXO user here as well since last year. Works great and no need of separate power supply.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #1,835 of 2,239
Looks pretty good.
I don’t see much of a difference internally to warrant an extra $200 over the Teradak.
I guess the pretty case is nicer. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The opticalModule Deluxe was designed by John Swenson, who also designed the Uptone EtherRegen. The oMD v2 is an updated and improved version of the EtherRegen's optical converter. Yes, it is the best FMC.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #1,837 of 2,239
Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2, best FMC available, especially with a linear power supply. Any single mode fiber cable will do. Your Finisar SFPs are first rank.
Thanks but I don't need a FMC, with my Nighthawk set to WAP and having a dedicated SFP port, I'm able to connect my Rose directly to fiber with zero ethernet in the chain. The Rose has a SPF port...doing this, and feeding the Nighthawk a 19v 5A linear power supply creates an incredibly clear, artifact free and organic presentation.

My question was more about whether I can improve on the Finisar/ CommScope combo. Maybe not.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #1,839 of 2,239
Thanks but I don't need a FMC, with my Nighthawk set to WAP and having a dedicated SFP port, I'm able to connect my Rose directly to fiber with zero ethernet in the chain. The Rose has a SPF port...doing this, and feeding the Nighthawk a 19v 5A linear power supply creates an incredibly clear, artifact free and organic presentation.

My question was more about whether I can improve on the Finisar/ CommScope combo. Maybe not.
Hello,
What modem are you using when you have the Nighthawk X10 in use?
The Nighthawk X10 looks good, I still have the Nighthawk XR 500, but unfortunately the modem from Draytek is causing problems.

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #1,840 of 2,239

This is my current setup:

Audio 11012024C.jpg

Torben

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #1,841 of 2,239
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #1,842 of 2,239

I believe you would benefit from a switch between the access point and network player. The new and improved EtherRegen is expected to have fiber ports on both A and B side.
IME, an ethernet connection beats wi-fi for sound quality, and fiber is best, if running cable is an option.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #1,845 of 2,239
I believe you would benefit from a switch between the access point and network player. The new and improved EtherRegen is expected to have fiber ports on both A and B side.
IME, an ethernet connection beats wi-fi for sound quality, and fiber is best, if running cable is an option.
He doesn’t need it.
He has fiber going from router directly to streamer. Plus who wants to wait 45 more years for the Ether regen 2 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back