The er6i vs the koss75
May 14, 2006 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
Maybe I got some dust stuck in my koss75 driver. I havent heard my koss75 in a while since I use the er6i for portablity and isolation....

At first i felt that the koss was better, but now..i felt that the koss is way more muddier...It seems like the er6i has way more detail but less bass.....The koss sounds more airier...but I need to pump out high volume just to hear the details from the koss....

Is it cause im getting used to the er6i sounds ? The koss seems really muddy at this point....Anybody knows why?

May 14, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 4
IMHO the KSC75 is far from tight and refined IMHO. It is a bit muddy, bass can be a little flabby and unrefined. If it has one main weakness IMHO this is it.... compared to my MS1 and new EX90.

I havent heard the 6i, but compared to my other $100 cans, the KSC falls short in terms of refinement and resolution.

Note that modding does help, although it alters the spectral balance, placing more emphacis on upper mids and treble.

Garrett

May 14, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
IMHO the KSC75 is far from tight and refined IMHO. It is a bit muddy, bass can be a little flabby and unrefined. If it has one main weakness IMHO this is it...

I agree 1000%. However, every time Ive made this statement, the locals broke out the torches and pitchforks.
mad.gif

It certainly is better handled than most cans of its price but vs. cans such as the Ms-1, its noticably bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back