The End Of An Era For The Glow Audio Amplifiers
Oct 11, 2023 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

The Collector 3

New Head-Fier
Speaking for myself it is sad to see two great amplifiers disappear from production in 2023 the Glow Audio Amp One and two. I own the Amp One 2008 model It's been great and for what it Is a great bargain. The unfortunate thing about Glow Audio they never provided customer support for their units or offered any parts list to buy the purchaser switches or anything. In a market now when companies like Black Ice Audio offers support and send In for repairs to them and upgrades that cover Jolida units also, Glow could not compete. There are many US based tube audio companies that offer great support for their units and this gives the customer an ease when purchasing a tube unit. The days of selling grey market units are coming to an end and things are going full circle for the US companies in a very good way. My 2008 Glow Is a fantastic unit sounds amazing with my Omega Super 7 Speakers. I also own a Jolida 102crc and that to is amazing and again to say having a tube unit like my Jolida when something goes wrong all I have to do Is pick up the phone and Jolida Is there, also many people fix Jolida and that goes with Primaluna and many others. I personally believe to get into high end tube audio without breaking the bank you could start with Black Ice Audio the company has made very good strides and continues to build a great product and with great support In the USA. Never forget there are great Chinese tube units out there such as Eastern Electric, Antique Sound Labs, Allmaro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back