The eggo effect?
Jul 28, 2003 at 10:28 AM Post #16 of 74
I think ATM the people who like their eggos are too busy listening to the music to bother always defending them. I don't know why some people seem to have such an active hate of just some nice little headphones. If you don't like em, don't use em.
wink.gif

But all we can do here is offer opinions, the listener is the one who has to trust their own ears.

Jul 28, 2003 at 3:23 PM Post #17 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
d0|\|'7 ph33r 73h 3gg0!!!!11!1 oneoneone

tongue.gif

Eggos are quite good for portable use. They don't compete with some other phones in the price range audio-wise, but the combination of comfort, portability, ruggedness, good sound, cuteness, easy to drive factor, et al. makes them winners for portable phones driven directly from portable devices.

Trueah woids wuz nevah spoked!

Jul 29, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #18 of 74
OK no dood speak: Eggos are great for portable listening and music but I prefer the "flavor of the month" Grado 325s for my marathon gaming sessions.

Eggos lack the soundstage and extra "oomph" needed when you launch a TOW missle into an Iraqi T72 .

Jul 29, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #19 of 74
Eggos are horrible. Most over rated headphone ever.

Biggie.

Jul 29, 2003 at 5:24 AM Post #25 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by ironchef9000
can full-size headphones ever, truly, be the best portable phones?

Methinks not, although I love the name "eggo"
smily_headphones1.gif

heh, you haven't seen full-sized, each earpiece of my A500's is as big as the eggos when folded, they're small, and good, I like 'em, and others do too
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2003 at 6:23 AM Post #27 of 74
leggo my eggo! Sorry, couldnt resist
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #30 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by Sony
which model eggos are good? are they the 66? and are they better than the v6? the v6 are the best cans i have currently

I just recently got the V6, and I wouldn't say the D66 are necessarily better in sound. In fact, I would say the V6 sound better from the same portable because the sound is fuller and has more bass kick to it. That said, I wouldn't say the D66 are always bass shy, they just don't have it some of the time. A step up from the V6 would be a more expensive phone like the HD580 or the Grado SR225 or maybe some of the Beyers. But by then you're talking about an amp and probably new source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back