The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #376 of 803
Hey everyone, the Denon/Fostex pads fit onto Beyer DTxx0 and Tesla full size headphones. I just put a pair of D2K pads on my DT770 Premium just after I installed Audio Technica W5000 drivers into them. These are mutt headphones. Haha

The plastic locking ring has to be removed though.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #379 of 803
Interesting, though trying to sift through the entire thread for relevant information would be a bit much. I'd love to get some nice replacements for the perplexing SA5000 pads, which are half pleather, half lambskin. Don't quite get that, but hey.

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #380 of 803
The SA5000 pads are about the same as angled Denon pads and MadDog Alpha pads, or something like that the latter are called.  Probably compatible with Audeze pads, too.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #381 of 803
Interesting, though trying to sift through the entire thread for relevant information would be a bit much. I'd love to get some nice replacements for the perplexing SA5000 pads, which are half pleather, half lambskin. Don't quite get that, but hey.

The SA3000 pads from ebay will fit but is not pleather.

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #382 of 803
is there any fix to cushions/ear cups that make your ear warm? Seems bizarre but has anyone ever taken a needle and punctured the leather to make it more breathable?

Ear cushions that are the wrinkled type like the Beyer T51P/1350 lets air in so to speak via the wrinkles so my ears never get hot. But other more stiff and flush pads like those posted above actually do cause my ears to get warm.

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #384 of 803
There are pads with holes:
$_1.JPG

You can always DIY with hole punchers:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=hole+punch&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #386 of 803

That's a cool mod. So what was the reasoning behind that mod? Was it for the reasons I mentioned?

Not, actually.  He might have misunderstood.  Holes on the inner side help increase how much air the front of the drivers can move, this may exacerbate treble peaks, reduce bass response or actually improve it, and more, it all depends on the headphone.  I do not know what factors determine what effects will result of the modification.

What you want is holes on the outside, you can try punching many with a thick needle and that may help a bit.  If there are already holes on the inner sides of the earpads, then you may make the earpads too breathable for the drivers and the headphone can become shrill/fatiguing or very nasal, or you end up with very little bass, it all depends.  I would experiment with spare pads first and foremost.

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #387 of 803
Do any of the eBay k240-style pads (non-velour) not suck? 

I have so many AKGs here. And I'm starting to think my K270 Playback deserves new pads. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #389 of 803
Hi folks,

Does anyone know where I can obtain replacement earpads for my Sennheiser HD560ovII without paying through the nose?
Custom Cable and Sennheiser direct have them for £33 plus postage (£12 to Spain).
Thoman have them at €33 plus €20 postage!

These are my workhorse cans that I view as the best allrounder out there so would really like to sort them out. Maybe if someone has a positive experience of the cheapy e bay pads they could share along with any special fitting instructions?

Another possibility is if someone has a damaged or dead pair as I would ideally like to replace the worn out head band as well.

TIA

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #390 of 803
Looking for some pads to fit my PSB M4U1, the originals are too shallow and my ears touch the drivers and its very uncomfortable. Does anyone have deeper pads that would be comfortable and keep the same or similar sound sig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back