The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Aug 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #571 of 803
  I might have to try this. I have the leather and velour Brainwavz pads but haven't found any headphones they actually sound good on. Maybe they will work on my dt880.

These worked great for me on the Beyerdynamic T70 (not the T70P, never tried those). It increased bass and isolation and slightly tamed the treble. I also thought it was good with the NAD Viso HP50, making it more comfortable and increasing soundstage.

Even though they're cheap and super comfortable, everyone else I've heard from says they make most headphones sound worse. Definitely worth a try on the Beyers, however. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #573 of 803
You could try your luck with Brainwavz HM5 pads; or buy Chinese copies of the Sony pads, but I haven't seen any that are that well made.  Then again, I haven't searched that hard.  I patched up my disintegrating 7509HD pads with plasti-dip.

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #574 of 803
You could try your luck with Brainwavz HM5 pads; or buy Chinese copies of the Sony pads, but I haven't seen any that are that well made.  Then again, I haven't searched that hard.  I patched up my disintegrating 7509HD pads with plasti-dip.
Are they easy to put on, it would I have to go somewhere to get it done. Never done this before so I'm sorry if I sound ignorant

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #575 of 803
Hahaha, HM5s will fit.  It might be a bit of a stretch, but you can do it yourself, no worries.
That's no guarantee that you may like the sound, but it is worth a try.

Aug 15, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #577 of 803
It depends on the pads, headphone, and person in question.
I feel that HM5 pads are a great upgrade for M50x, M40x, M30x, M20x, and K553, but I didn't like them one bit with T90 and have decided that they're not so great for K545.  There are a couple of guys that love those earpads on T90.  A bunch don't like them on M50x.

Anyone ever seen earpads in the same proportions as the Brainwavz HM3 pads or 90mm circular, pleather pads with 60mm (or greater) ear openings?  HM3s are about 15mm thick, I'd like a thicker version.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #578 of 803
Hi

I have the Yamaha HPH-MT7 and I would like to replace the ear pads but I don't know how to find the right dimensions of the original ear pads and what are the best replacements. I can spend 50€ or a bit more on them.

Here I show you what my headphones look like:

http://i.imgur.com/5cXwF4c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9bkOiIY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nMtoU0u.jpg

The official Yamaha website does not show the ear pads dimensions http://yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/product_detail.php?prodID=1169

Please, can anybody help me find the right ear pads replacement for my headphones?

Thanks. :)

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #579 of 803
Judging by the first photo, it looks to be using typical 90mm (outer diameter) earpads.  Those are common on eBay, just avoid the wrinkly-looking variety.  The ear opening, may not be the same, though, and you may or may not like how that changes the sound.
I recommend that you get a ruler and measure them.

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #581 of 803
  Judging by the first photo, it looks to be using typical 90mm (outer diameter) earpads.  Those are common on eBay, just avoid the wrinkly-looking variety.  The ear opening, may not be the same, though, and you may or may not like how that changes the sound.
I recommend that you get a ruler and measure them.

Thank you, I will check with a ruler.

Yamaha HPH-MT7, New Professional Studio Monitor Headphones

u might want to check with the folks in this thread above.

Thank you, I will ask there.

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #585 of 803
Anyone have experience with brainwavz sheepskin pads? Think there will be a difference in sound between real leather vs pleather? I did order their sheepskin angled pads on the suggestion their angled pleather pads worked well w/ audio techs ws99bt. Saw they had real leather ones and felt it should be worth the extra luxuriousness of sheepskins Amazon doesnt have any reviews for them (maybe theyre new?) and ill find out soon enough but wanted to see if anyone had tried them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back