The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Jul 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #257 of 803

Could you post a picture of how they look with those pads? I've been curious about those headphones to fulfill my rare basshead needs.

No problem although It'll probably take a while until those get here since I'm about to order them but I can send a picture as soon as I get them 
biggrin.gif

Just noticed someone posted the SZ2000 I think (they pretty much look the same as the 1000) with those pads, if you're really looking forward to see that take a look at the best bass headphone topic 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #258 of 803
  No problem although It'll probably take a while until those get here since I just ordered them but I can send a picture as soon as I get them 
biggrin.gif

Just noticed someone posted the SZ2000 I think (they pretty much look the same as the 1000) with those pads, if you're really looking forward to see that take a look at the best bass headphone topic 
smily_headphones1.gif

Keep in mind velours typically reduce the bass output on headphones.  Leather like the Mr Speakers Alpha pads may be a better choice for the bass bombers. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #260 of 803
Other options for you might be the HM-5 pads from MP4Nation, Shure 840 or HiFiMan Pleathers, plus the Beyer leather pads that may be available from where you got the velours.

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #261 of 803
Other options for you might be the HM-5 pads from MP4Nation, Shure 840 or HiFiMan Pleathers, plus the Beyer leather pads that may be available from where you got the velours.

Thanks I'll take a look at the shure and the hm5

I'm guessing these are the pads you talked about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Synthetic-Leather-Beyerdynamic-Ear-Pads-EDT-7-DT770-880-990-551-801-/141321072947?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item20e7647133

I'm probably going for these still deciding if I should go full bass or maybe get the velour ones since they seem to be good for better mids and highs. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #262 of 803
Oh, I didn't know there was a thread for earpads, awesome.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement set of AKG K701 earpads? I've read the K812, or whatever headphones that use the black earpads, can change the sound quality, which I may look into at a later date, but I'm mostly interested in just replacing my grey pads since they're starting to develop an odour (one of the reasons why I don't like velour pads unfortunately...).

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #263 of 803
Thanks I'll take a look at the shure and the hm5

I'm guessing these are the pads you talked about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Synthetic-Leather-Beyerdynamic-Ear-Pads-EDT-7-DT770-880-990-551-801-/141321072947?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item20e7647133

I'm probably going for these still deciding if I should go full bass or maybe get the velour ones since they seem to be good for better mids and highs. 

That's them. If you're bucks up, try them both.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #265 of 803
  Thanks, I'm still trying to see if I should buy for these or for the HM5 ones

From my personal testing, I prefer the thick HM-5 pads.  The stock HM-5 pads are good too but the thicker ones now available are much better to my liking.  For $23.50 for a pair you get a nice, soft pad that is quality. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #266 of 803

From my personal testing, I prefer the thick HM-5 pads.  The stock HM-5 pads are good too but the thicker ones now available are much better to my liking.  For $23.50 for a pair you get a nice, soft pad that is quality. 

And how are they in relation to bass and sound quality? And this is prob a stupid question but do they fit on the SZ's? 
biggrin.gif

If you have any place where I can get them to europe I would be really grateful although I'll still gonna take some time to decide which ones to get

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #267 of 803
And how are they in relation to bass and sound quality? And this is prob a stupid question but do they fit on the SZ's? :D

If you have any place where I can get them to europe I would be really grateful although I'll still gonna take some time to decide which ones to get

MP4 nation ships worldwide.

No idea if they fit SZ. Ask on that thread.

I'd say they do nothing but improve over stock pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back