The downside of upgrading hardware!
Jun 12, 2007 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BigFNDeal

Head-Fier
Well, I have found the downside of upgrading my sound hardware. In the last several weeks I went from the following setup....

M-Audio Transit -> Plantronics Switch -> A) Silver Klipsch ProMedia 2.0 & B) [6" Ratshack Mini to Mini cable] -> MisterX CMoy -> Sony MDR-X400s

To the setup for my desktop you see in my sig now. The issue with doing this is I now see how poor the quality of my music really is. All are mp3s and a majority of them are 192, with some 128's and an occassional 320.

Also most of it was purchased as mp3's, so I don't own alot of the cds to rip. Anyone know of a LEGAL online service (NOT ITUNES!) where I can get at least all 320kbps mp3s, or possibly a higher quality format.

Jun 12, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 4
I've heard that http://allofmp3.com/ is very good, and cheap too. I also heard that they were under some heat recently by the RIAA, and they're fine now, but their payments options are pretty limited now.

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 4
allofmp3 is of very questionable legality, I'd be a little concerned above giving them a credit card number as well, but thats just me. I'd say buy used CDs and rip them directly rather than messing around with downloadable MP3s. Its more work, but ultimately cheaper and you get better quality.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 4
I went through the same problem twice. I have finally accepted that the only answer is to do it mysel. This time I bought a bigger HD and I am saving the songs as FLAC.

I know this will take quite a while to get done, but hopefully this should be the last time I have to rip my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back