The Domino Effect, no one's immune
Oct 28, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imagine you were stuck on a deserted island for the rest of your life, with no music. Suddenly after years you discover some cheapo ibuds and iPod with your favourite music (all mp3 sorry!) I reckon that would be like finding gold, and they'd probably be tears of joy running down your face discovering a lost past of musical enjoyment.

Now to the point of my thread, a good deal of our equipment is envy and conditioning to want more. All of us have fallen for the same trap, to a degree. Now I love that wide soundstage, to hear the conductors nasal hairs rattle around - it all makes for a very enjoyable experience.

I often get my wife to have a listen to my equipment, 'have a listen to this amazing cable, the system sounds so good now' She dancers around and sings along (usually) in a most un audiophile manner. 'Listen will ya' stop that, those are expensive, 'I am listening, you silly goat, music just effects me differently'

We've just been caught up in a domino effect, were all by products of a bigger consumer machine. Now the irony of all this is, on that dessert island with that iPod, I'd be singing and dancing very un audiophile like just like my wife. It would probably be my best musical experience.

John

Needs more cowbell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back