The "Disco-MINT" completed (dialup warning)
Sep 29, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tess
How did you insulate the bottom of the board from the case?

I used a piece of the teflon sheet Tangent sells for use between a PPA and the matching battery board. I imagine a folded piece of paper will work just as well
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Sep 30, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #18 of 25
Most beauteous. You could call it the Landau Amp.

Sep 30, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tess
How did you insulate the bottom of the board from the case?
I've just tried my mint amp in a Hammond case and there is very little space,I'm a little worried about shorting it out.

Alan.
Buy the way, amp looks superb.

tpg just put strips of electrical tape on the bottom of my enclosure. Works fine so far.

Sep 30, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
tpg just put strips of electrical tape on the bottom of my enclosure. Works fine so far.

Yeah, that works fine, just cover the bottom with electrical tape.

Sep 30, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #22 of 25
That's very cool. Nice hole!
basshead.gif
Is the covering plexi/perspex or glass? Also, which Wimas are you using on the MINT? Nice work Uffe.

Last- I have some nice Rean soft-touch knobs in that size that are collet-mount (no setscrews), plus they have a nice little recessed apron that covers much of the pot's nut. I can mail you one if you like, gratis. It would fit nicely.

Sep 30, 2004 at 2:55 PM Post #23 of 25
Second the soft-touch knobs. I used one on a comission amp recently, and it looks really nice, and covers the mounting nut on the EVJ nicely.

Voodoochile, those WIMAs look like MKS-4's to me, metallised polyester

g

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
That's very cool. Nice hole!
basshead.gif
Is the covering plexi/perspex or glass? Also, which Wimas are you using on the MINT? Nice work Uffe.

Thanks, Mark
smily_headphones1.gif
The covering is made from PU (the same material I've used for the other transparent covers I've made). What the pictures don't show is that I should have been a little more careful with the glue (two component Araldite) because I managed to get some on the plastic and it stains it
frown.gif
Using glass would probably be a better idea and glass doesn't scratch either.
EDIT: Guzzler's right about the caps. They are 1.0 uF MKS-4s. They're probably not the best choice for audio but I like the way they look
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
Last- I have some nice Rean soft-touch knobs in that size that are collet-mount (no setscrews), plus they have a nice little recessed apron that covers much of the pot's nut. I can mail you one if you like, gratis. It would fit nicely.

How can I say no to that? YGPM!
wink.gif

/U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back