The "Digital SLR that isn't Canon or Nikon" Thread
Dec 22, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #76 of 103
Aren't those lenses aperture automatic? It's much easier when the camera is doing the metering for you.

The focusing is the hard part, but the K-7 autofocus indicator should give you a hand there too. Manual focusing also feels great on manual-focus only lenses.

Nice gift, in any case!

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #77 of 103

Quote:
Aren't those lenses aperture automatic? It's much easier when the camera is doing the metering for you.

The focusing is the hard part, but the K-7 autofocus indicator should give you a hand there too. Manual focusing also feels great on manual-focus only lenses.

Nice gift, in any case!

Yeah, on the K-7 it won't load the lens unless you set it to "A" on the aperture dial, but the pictures don't turn out as well it seems unless I set if myself on the camera's full manual mode.  The pictures do turn out sweet though.  I'll photodump soon and try to get some of the pictures onto here.  Expect at least one cute kitty picture.

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #78 of 103
Good to see there are more pentaxians here :)
Been a good 6 months since i set foot in Head-fi... Since 2 months orso i got a Pentax K-r with 2 kitzooms. Within 3 weeks i added a M-50/1.7 and a M-135/3.5. 3 weeks ago i got the DFA100mm wr macro and a DA21 ltd. Though it requires some getting used to, shooting primes is really great. It inspires creativity. This is even more true on wider lenses imo.

Its just a matter of time before the 40mm and 70mm are added to the set. Those limiteds are just great! The 21 hasn't been of the camera for 2 weeks.

As for hauling it around on day trips;
Clik Elite probody sport. Also fits water bladder and enough room for some other stuff(sweater, food, etc)

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #80 of 103
I love it!
Havent gotten very sharp macro shots with it, which is user error i believe. Need to work on my skills :) The portrait shots are all amazing sharp, a bit too sharp for portraiture.
And then the build quality.... Amazing, its very close to the 21 ltd.
Since i got the 21 and the 100 i had no urge to use the zooms :)

So glad i went with Pentax instead of Nikon when i did :).

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #82 of 103
Jul 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #83 of 103

Quote:
Shameless bump :)

Here are some photo's i made a few weeks back. First real attempt with a wide angle lens. The 21 limited is a great little thing. Very sharp and great colours.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64165102@N08/sets/72157626967759002/

Definitely want the 40 and 70mm limiteds too.

Nice shot, that's close to my favorite focal length. In the old days I had both the Minolta and Nikkon metal-bodied 20mm f3.5, they are both great flat-field wide angle lenses.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #84 of 103
For me "the old days" sound like the 35mm age. 21mm at APS-C would be around 31mm in full frame. My favorites are the flower shots. I like nature close-ups and marco's. Wide angle adds some nice perspective to play with.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #85 of 103
I found a secondhand Pentax 40mm DA ltd. I will be seeing it this after noon. Price is pretty good.
After my experience with 21mm ltd i am completely sold on the exclusive Pentax primes. I'm pretty stoked tbh.

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #86 of 103
Congrats, that's a really awesome lens. Nearly as good as the FA43, and it's TINY.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #87 of 103
It really is a great piece of glass. Sharp, crisp, natural colours. Haven't shot anything serious, just some random crap. Weather has been terrible here these days.
The reason i took the DA series; From what i read the FA series has more poppy/vibrant, less natural colours, not my taste. And the size! They are soooooo small. Great for walking around. 40 on the camera and the 21 in the pocket.
If i really have a bunch of euro's burning holes in my wallet i might get the FA 31.

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #90 of 103
Nice thread I've been waiting for something like this. I would just like to say that I bought my Sony DSLR A200 a few years ago and absolutely love it! Even though its aging I still have no plans to upgrade my camera for a while, though I do wish I had money for lenses. I like the fact that it has built in image stabilization and button placement and size fit my hands very well. In my opinion it seems you get more bang for your buck when you by a camera that is not a super big brand name like Nikon or Canon. But to each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back