The difference between ATH-M50 and ATH-M50S?
Sep 25, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Is it really??  I noticed that and was wondering if that is accurate?  Why would the straight cable have better frequency response??  Makes no sense to me.

The 'wink-eye' was put there to indicate sarcasm. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I truly can't imagine why there would be any FR differences between the two... and seriously doubt there is.

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #17 of 23

Here's the frequency response chart. There's no difference.

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #18 of 23
Actually... You compared straight with straight.  But yeah I doubt there's REALLY a difference. As the two are pretty close anyways.

I think I'm going with the coiled
tongue.gif

Oh and shane shane shane... Ur name has come up a LOT in my searches on this thread haha so I have a question for you if you would possibly be able to answer it.

I'm pretty confidant that I want the M50's (coiled lol), but while waiting for a seller to respond, I came across the AH-D2000's and they seem amazing for what I want (mixing).  Anyways, my question is, (if you know of the 2000's) is the doubled price worth the denons?

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #19 of 23
I'm not exactly sure how we got different charts, considering that they seem to have the same headphones in them but, whatever.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
Actually... You compared straight with straight.  But yeah I doubt there's REALLY a difference. As the two are pretty close anyways.

I think I'm going with the coiled
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//tongue.gif" title="
tongue.gif
" width="" />

Oh and shane shane shane... Ur name has come up a LOT in my searches on this thread haha so I have a question for you if you would possibly be able to answer it.

I'm pretty confidant that I want the M50's (coiled lol), but while waiting for a seller to respond, I came across the AH-D2000's and they seem amazing for what I want (mixing).  Anyways, my question is, (if you know of the 2000's) is the doubled price worth the denons?

I had the LA2000 Lites, D5000, and now the D7000. Can't really comment on the D2000 stock, sorry.
But this might help... The other day I was talking to someone about the D7000 v. M50. I said that the difference between the M50 and D7k is not 10x (retail $1k). But I paid $500 and think they give the M50 a good run for their money. I haven't actually ABx'd the two, but I will soon. I know that the D2k's are supposed to have massive bass (similar to the D5k), but not the refinement in other areas, although they are the same drivers.
I preferred my D5k's to the M50, but the Bass was too much and overpowered the rest of the beautiful tonality. The M50 (once broken-in) does not have that issue... but does have slightly recessed mids.
Obviously only your own ears will give you the information you need to make the decision.

shane

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 23
If this still Needs debating,minwouldmgo for the Straight. It is much more versatile, and can simply been thrown over your lap when seated, or on the desk, etc. I prefer the straight cable of my Q701 to the coiled of my K167 and K240

Users who are viewing this thread

Back