The difference between ATH-M50 and ATH-M50S?
Jun 20, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 23
S = Straight Cable.

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 23
They should be the same price LMAO >.<

Its just the way the cable is.. Straight cable or Coiled. M50 is Coiled/M50S is Straight, The straight cable is 11Ft long, The coiled is about 4Ft but stretches to 9Ft.

Nothing else is different. Usually the straight coil would be used for people who want to use it with like their tv or whatever and let it be able to stretch far to their couch.. Coiled would be more outside usage.. I got coiled because I use it with my iPod, I just tuck the coil into my pocket and let the right amount out.

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 23
Comes in two versions. One has a coiled cable and one is straight (10 ft.). The S designates the straight cable version.
I have the straight, but sometimes wish I had the coiled as I mostly use it while up and about (and at 10 ft., it's a bit cumbersome)... it's all a matter of preference. Only you can make that decision.

Jun 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 23
Or if you want to use the M50 for portable and home use you could twist tie the strait cable and make it really short so you dont have to put any of the wire in youre pocket.

Jun 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 23
I use the coiled for home and portable. I was concerned, but am so glad I got the coiled. Its just more versatile imo.

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 23
another thread where the Search function could have given the answer immediately.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #12 of 23
Oh, I absolutely based my straight-cable purchase on the Blue line of the graph! MUCH better FR.
wink_face.gif

o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back