The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Mar 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #2,251 of 15,119

Quote:
Why did I start reading the FAD Muramasa thread?

(Edit: I think it's the compulsion by some posters to ascribe performance/budget relationships to unquantifiable esthetics that is driving me up the wall.)

I'm still trying to figure out why I started it. It's a said when you're forced to unsubscribe (is that a word?) from your own thread,

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #2,255 of 15,119

Quote:
Why do I hate American pop but love Jpop?

I want to say Japanese is more lyrical than English but that may just be because I I don't understand much Japanese...

Although I am of Japanese ancestry, I don't listen to a whole bunch of Japanese pop or rock, but I do love Japanese Anime films.  I recently bought the the Appleseed double disc soundtrack from a local used book/cd/dvd/bd store here for only $3.00.  I'm loving it.  I've only had a chance to listen through my 701s so far, but I can't wait to try them out with my HD650s as well.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2,256 of 15,119

Quote:
Fostex TH900, soon-to-be-released dynamic flagship.

Thunderpants are based on the orthodynamic T50RP.

I can't wait for the TH900s to be released.  I was hoping to pick up a set of Denon D5000s or D7000s in the future, but I will wait to see how the Fostex sounds and looks first.  I showed the picture of the girl wearing the TH900 in my avatar to my wife and told her these are the next set of headphones I am buying.  She asked me if I would still consider them if a male model were wearing them instead of an attractive female? Of course I said that I didn't even notice a girl was wearing them until she mentioned it.  LOL!

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #2,258 of 15,119
Quote:
Although I am of Japanese ancestry, I don't listen to a whole bunch of Japanese pop or rock, but I do love Japanese Anime films.  I recently bought the the Appleseed double disc soundtrack from a local used book/cd/dvd/bd store here for only $3.00.  I'm loving it.  I've only had a chance to listen through my 701s so far, but I can't wait to try them out with my HD650s as well.

Pretty cool store you've got there...

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #2,260 of 15,119

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #2,264 of 15,119
Got my SRM-323S today. Instantly better. This sounds, from memory, as good as the Apogee mini-DAC > KGSS > O2 MK1 I heard at RMAF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back