The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Sep 11, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #15,092 of 15,119
Quote:
I'm thinking that Civil War reenactors and renaissance fairs are also just fantasy role playing.

Depending on the way you interpret fantasy roleplaying, yes, they are.

Quote:
I'm totally confused by your diary entries!

Dear diary: Coffee!

Quote:
A_recording, out of those furries you've met and known, has there been any every-day anxiety or depression behind it all? I can imagine a reason to want to use a furry costume being that you'd like to escape reality. To just be someone, or something, else for a moment.

I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #15,093 of 15,119
Quote:

I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.

Please, please, please refer me to these lol. They sound amazing.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #15,098 of 15,119
Well, I'll see if I can find anything. Thanks for that. I'm a sucker for the hyper mundane and psuedo observational. (Hence why I love Talking Heads!)

That image is also way too small to make out the dialogue. :frowning2:

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #15,099 of 15,119
Quote:
Well, I'll see if I can find anything. Thanks for that. I'm a sucker for the hyper mundane and psuedo observational. (Hence why I love Talking Heads!)

Right click the image, and open it in a new tab. There you should be able to zoom in/out to your heart's content.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #15,101 of 15,119
Sep 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #15,102 of 15,119
Quote:

Right click the image, and open it in a new tab. There you should be able to zoom in/out to your heart's content.

Danke danke!

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #15,103 of 15,119
Quote:

Quote:

Or click the "Ty Templeton" at the bottom of the post. I always link my sources.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #15,104 of 15,119
Quote:
This is hilarious! There are fake reviews on Amazon for Audioquest's $14,000 speaker cable.

BIC For Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pen (Box of 12) - Black

"There's a glitch -- My husband bought a box of these for me. I was SO excited that, finally, I would be able to write after watching him do it for all these years. My excitement turned to tears when I realized that they do not come with paper-for-her. Please, BIC, consider making some feminine paper products so I can use my new pens."

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #15,105 of 15,119
I'm fascinated by some of the stereotypes that arise within fandoms. Since we're talking about furries, I'm reminded of a conversation I had wherein the subject fell on their twin sister fandom, scalies (ie. reptiles). I was a bit surprised when this person told me that he believed the ratio of females was higher among scalies compared to furries. One of the stereotypes of the furry community is apparently that the largest demographic consists of gay males.

Also when talking to this person, the subject of fursonas came up, and then dragons specifically. He looks at me with a completely serious expression, "Oh yeah. Most dragons are... damaged."

"Damaged?"

"Yeah. Like, bipolar or personality disorders and stuff. For some reason they all wanna be dragons."

*shows me the wiki entry on "Tumbles The Stair-Dragon" who tried to cut himself with a blunt sunglass lens and proceeded to fling himself down a flight of stairs at a furry convention*

"Wait... it says that people gave him this fursona after the fact. His actual fursona was a wolf?"

"Oh... yeah. That's right. People started drawing him as a dragon. Because he was crazy, and people know dragons are crazy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back