The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jul 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #16,201 of 21,761
Quote:
The pendulum swings, and now I'm eyeing some high end P&S camera, mainly the Sony RX100. And I do have the money to buy it....

If you have the money for the RX100II, go for it, since it claims to be one full stop better on ISO performance and now have a hot shoe (for an external flash or the viewfinder).

Jul 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #16,202 of 21,761
Quote:

Maybe it's a custom title.
wink.gif

LOL!!!Oh oh oh it's maaaagic, you knooowwwww...

How does one earn this title?!

I think I'll start going into random threads and saying...

"Yes, I understand your point about the SR-009's non-existent distortion characteristics. That still doesn't change the fact that your mom was with me last night."

"Jude Mansilla is the person they derived the character The Penguin from"

"Warrenpchi's head is so big, he jumped for joy and got stuck."

"Headphones are a waste of money"

Think that'll work?

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #16,204 of 21,761
Quote:

::looks at it curiously::  You're new here! 
smile.gif

Quote:
I also missed both the Fostex TH-600 and TH-900, and that's probably my biggest regret from the day. I blame Warren - he kept trying to make me be social and actually talk to other people...
tongue.gif

Those other people were Jude and Tyll if I remember correctly... so not exactly a total loss was it?

Quote:
How is he doing this?!!

You do realize that it's entirely possible that he was banned AFTER he made that post right?

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #16,205 of 21,761
Quote:

You do realize that it's entirely possible that he was banned AFTER he made that post right?

Nah, I was kidding.

It seems like the system lags on removing the "banned" title after the ban has been lifted.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #16,206 of 21,761
It's a great cam from my experience, but you may consider waiting for the new RX100 II, which features a hinged LCD. Makes it more versatile imo, I wish I had one on mine.

If you have the money for the RX100II, go for it, since it claims to be one full stop better on ISO performance and now have a hot shoe (for an external flash or the viewfinder).

Yep, I've seen the preview on DPReview. I know that the sensor makes it worth it (and the other additions compared to the first one) but the price...

Unless I go with m4/3 or equivalent. I'm similarly tempted to go with one and be content with just the kit lens and a fast, versatile pancake lens of some sort.

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #16,207 of 21,761
Quote:
Yep, I've seen the preview on DPReview. I know that the sensor makes it worth it (and the other additions compared to the first one) but the price...

Unless I go with m4/3 or equivalent. I'm similarly tempted to go with one and be content with just the kit lens and a fast, versatile pancake lens of some sort.

Maybe the Sony NEX-3?

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #16,208 of 21,761
Talking about cameras... Just bought the Sony RX1R. The image quality with JPEG is unbelievable. Very suitable for a guy like me who doesn't really know how to fiddle with the settings on a machine. Just set everything in AUTO, and you're ready to go. :D

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #16,209 of 21,761
ACCIDENTAL REPOST

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #16,210 of 21,761
Crap, now I'm comparing 3 cameras now... After looking at the spec sheets of a few cameras in its class, I am flabbergasted at how Sony managed to cram that sensor in the RX100 and achieve that relatively small size.
-----------------------------------
Maybe the Sony NEX-3?

I still can't decide if I want to bother with lenses though. Seems nice to have the avenue for greater option through lenses, but I'm not sure how long will I bother with it. My dilemma right now seems to be that I like to tweak settings when the itch to do so arises, but otherwise I'm content with idiot mode.

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #16,211 of 21,761
I've been watching some of the Blu-ray rips of Cowboy Bebop that are floating around online, and I gotta say the quality is quite impressive. Video quality is excellent, as you would expect, but what really blew me away was the sound quality. It's phenomenal! The soundtrack is easily CD quality, rivaling some of the best recordings out there. Can't wait til the UK release of the boxset on the 29th, I already have my order in...

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #16,212 of 21,761
Quote:
Crap, now I'm comparing 3 cameras now... After looking at the spec sheets of a few cameras in its class, I am flabbergasted at how Sony managed to cram that sensor in the RX100 and achieve that relatively small size.
I still can't decide if I want to bother with lenses though. Seems nice to have the avenue for greater option through lenses, but I'm not sure how long will I bother with it. My dilemma right now seems to be that I like to tweak settings when the itch to do so arises, but otherwise I'm content with idiot mode.

You should only bother with lenses if you pretend to take photography a bit more serious, the RX100II have an amazing value, good, sharp lens, really nice sensor and a very compact body. For this sensor size you shouldn't expect a shallow depth of field, unless you're taking some close-up portraits or doing macro photography, for most situations works fine.

And for the guy with the RX1R, it's a shame to have such nice camera and waste it on Auto mode. You definitely should learn how to use it on manual mode!

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #16,213 of 21,761
Well today I had a shock concerning my customs. I'm on my way to work so I decided to bop to my music for awhile and reached into my backpack to grab my customs. Problem, my customs were nowhere to be found in my backpack. That's when I went into full panic mode because for the life of me I couldn't remember if I left them in my dresser drawer or in my backpack, in short I didn't know whether I had lost them or not. I couldn't go back home to check so I had to go through the workday with the fear my customs were gone forever. The good news, when I got home I ran to my dresser drawer and thankfully they were there. Talk about being stressed out.

confused_face.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #16,215 of 21,761
Quote:
Glad  you found them. Just another reason why my CIEMs didn't go out with me (well one time but that was scary driving with them in lol) :p.

Wait a second, you drove with your customs in your ears!!!! To think you once gave me a big brotherly talking to concerning the perils of walking down the street deaf due to me bopping to my music. I'm calling your mom dude, you're so grounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back