The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jan 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #4,306 of 21,761
Speaking of mellowing out: I took some Benadryl yesterday for my dumb sinuses and... I spent roughly 3 hours in a euphoric dream-like state.  I swear I wasn't actually asleep, but I also had no idea what the hell was actually going on.  It was like a boring astral projection where I walked around my room being content with things.  I had 2 bonsai instead of 1, my TH900 cable had shiny stuff in it, and some metal brackets I'm going to use to hold a CD transport I ordered were really interesting, but I had no idea what they were. 

And I never actually left my bed.  What the hell?

I want some tea now/I will order some...

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #4,307 of 21,761
Quote:
Speaking of mellowing out: I took some Benadryl yesterday for my dumb sinuses and... I spent roughly 3 hours in a euphoric dream-like state.  I swear I wasn't actually asleep, but I also had no idea what the hell was actually going on.  It was like a boring astral projection where I walked around my room being content with things.  I had 2 bonsai instead of 1, my TH900 cable had shiny stuff in it, and some metal brackets I'm going to use to hold a CD transport I ordered were really interesting, but I had no idea what they were. 

I want some tea now/I will order some...

That's what I need,,,,,time to order some Astral Projection for my music collection. Thanks dude, I needed some new stuff to listen to.
P.S.
You sure that was Benadryl you took and not extasy lol
redface.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #4,308 of 21,761
I'm pretty sure.  Sometimes I'm freakishly sensitive to things that can induce drowsiness, but this was pretty ridiculous (and I swear I only took 2).  A similar thing happened to my roommate this morning too. 

Maybe something went wrong at the B factory. 

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #4,309 of 21,761
A coffee house for enthusiasts? Don't mind if I do d:p . New here and the title of this thread is too interesting to pass by, "hello" everyone.

On a side note I happened to click OP's profile and noticed "Non sequitur nonsecular nymphomaniac"
and also a feminist from the first post

I'm going to be bold as hell and say that sounds dangerous! But then again it sounds exactly like my girlfriend lol. No offense at all OP.

Not sure if this was covered before in previous posts. But again "hello".

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #4,310 of 21,761
Quote:

Those look really nice. I find it interesting that you went for the JH16 over the JH13. I remember how much Kiteki had liked it over the JH13 when he tried the universal demo models back during the early days of his thread. He thought it had something special in its presentation that the JH13 lacked if I remember. It will be interesting to read about your impressions on Freq-Phase.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #4,311 of 21,761
Quote:
A coffee house for enthusiasts? Don't mind if I do d:p . New here and the title of this thread is too interesting to pass by, "hello" everyone.

On a side note I happened to click OP's profile and noticed "Non sequitur nonsecular nymphomaniac"

I'm going to be bold as hell and say that sounds dangerous! But then again it sounds exactly like my girlfriend lol. No offense at all OP.

Welcome to the clubhouse. Be warned, hang out on here long enough and you'll find yourself flat broke, sipping tea, discussing topics such as books psychology, non mainstream music, little known artsy movies, tube rolling, tip rolling, op amp rolling, rolling anything that's generally rollable, and discussing the finer points of gear matching in the vein attempt of attaining perfect synergy in order to enter a state of audio nirvana. Be sure to be in a cross legged yogi sitting position for perfect audio zen. I would also recommend the purchase of a Bonzai Tree and painting your music room eggshell white. It's all about the music after all so time to make changes to your lifestyle by shaving your head and buy some sandals and a toga. Excuse me, I have to go throw out my back while slam dancing to the Daft Punk Discovery album. Attaining a state of audio zen can sometimes be quite painful.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #4,312 of 21,761
I do think some headphones would suit bald/shaved men with suits more than others. K550 is one of those. The Focals Spirit One is another. Edition 8 is a third.

Maverickronin hasn't been on head-fi for a while. I wonder what happened to that diarybrother.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #4,313 of 21,761
So, after spending some time with my new headphones, I've come to the conclusion that I prefer them to the HD600 by quite a bit and so I think I'm going to sell the Sennheisers. The T50RP Mad Dogs make a better headphone for my tastes and I don't see the HD600 getting a whole lot of use with these in my collection.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #4,314 of 21,761
Quote:

Everyone on the appreciation thread is throwing the word neutral around. From your listening impressions would you call it neutral or would you call it a treble happy analytical (you know overly bright and cold with a metallic tinge) with no bass authority? Oh, and is there a big spike somewhere in the highs like a couple of people have reported?

To these ears the Tzar 350 isn't neutral, no. The treble is definitely emphasized and there's painful levels of sibilance on a lot of tracks even uber-resolving earphones like the FI-BA-SS don't have.

I find that some people hear emphasized treble as being neutral. I mean, there was one [in]famous review that called the Edition 8 perfectly linear-sounding, so....

Quote:

Does anyone else here who ones one or both of the Senn HD6x0's ever get a tingle down their back when listening to them?  I get it from both of them, depending on what I'm listening to, and have never experienced anything quite the same with another headphone.  It's like someone's whispering in my ear -- kind of seductive, really, and completely unintended I'm sure.

Sometimes the SA5000 would render voices in a way that made them sound like they were right there beside me, which caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up 'n' stuff.

Quote:

Well, how much is "some" Benadryl? Rhetorical question.

I suppose you could have had something like a dissociative trip from taking enough of it or taking it in combination with something else. Otherwise it may have just been a semi fugue state due to a combination of being tired + stressed + taking sleeping meds.

Quote:

Howdy. No offense taken! Enjoy your stay.

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #4,315 of 21,761
Quote:

I really liked the 8.As when I heard them, despite not getting the best fit (wasn't my pair). They sounded warm and bassy while still detailed and had a nice soundstage. Kind of reminded me of an LCD-2, but better.

Yeah... it's going to come down to "whitegirl" or "sucker_punch." The whitegirl one isn't exactly clear, it's a translucent white with a slight off-tinge (as opposed to "whiteboy" which is more of a pure translucent white).

Ugh. These names. I feel like a prat typing them out like that.

Wow so you actually liked the Heir 8A better than the LCD2? Looks like I'm gonna be quite happy with my purchase if what you say it true :).

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #4,316 of 21,761
I can't stop listening to "Shoes for Running" by Big Boi & Wavves.

Shoes for running, and I'll race ya.
Sun is coming; it'll chase ya
Through this deadbeat town.

The end is comin; I would race ya
But there's no running; it'll chase ya.
Death will hunt you down.

I'm not a basshead, but every now and then I like to hear some thump. The Grado PS-1 is really good at doing this without ruining the rest of the sonic spectrum. I suspect the TakeT H2+ would be even better, but it's far less convenient.

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #4,318 of 21,761
Quote:
Does anyone else here who ones one or both of the Senn HD6x0's ever get a tingle down their back when listening to them?  I get it from both of them, depending on what I'm listening to, and have never experienced anything quite the same with another headphone.  It's like someone's whispering in my ear -- kind of seductive, really, and completely unintended I'm sure.

Yes, the first time 
wink.gif
  The HD600 were my first pair of real(TM) headphones and the aural revelation was intense to say the least.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #4,319 of 21,761

Man, these look chinsy as **** from the fake venting ala Razer to that pointless ridge running down the plastic headband adjustment.  I've never been in a Ferrari either, but I'd hope the experience is a lot nicer than that.

I had a dream last night where I got universal versions of the new JH IEMS.  They were all awkward and huge and came in dollar store toy packaging.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #4,320 of 21,761
"Chintzy" is a good descriptor for those. Especially the sound the adjustment sliders make when he moves them. Also they don't really solicit the multiple "WOWs" from me as far as their design and looks go.

Edit: They want $485 dollars for those.... okay, now I'll go "WOW." LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back