The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #11,521 of 21,763
lol I'm just pokin' fun. I have no significant hang ups where food is concerned. And I'm hardly a picky eater. I grew up hilariously poor, so I have an appreciation for food from all walks of life :)

Edit: Lengua tacos are pretty damned good. I'm kinda curious about tryin' out barbacoa de cabeza. Maybe next time I'm in CA 

May 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #11,522 of 21,763
Quote:
I dunno know bout no Paramore, but man that Hayley Williams is cute. It's cause I've got a thing for redheads. It might have stemmed from exposure to Ariel from the Little Mermaid as a little boy. It might have taken root with Asuka Langley Soryuu in high school. It might even be some kinda beer goggle **** for me, cause here's Hayley committing the unforgivable sin of duckface: 

http://i2.esmas.com/galerias/fotos/2012/1/HayleyWilliams1-14ffd570-98d8-102f-8247-0019b9d5c8df.jpg

In most instances, this oughtta be punishable by death, but she's still so toe-tay-mo cow-why-ee day-su.  In other words, I oughtta agree with you, but I find myself unable to do so :l 

Too much Blue Steel, not enough Magnum. She should try harder.

If she starts to be too suffocatingly desu desu I'll be sure to crank out the metal pipes and we can enjoy a good ol' fashioned night of Eva bashing. 

Quote:
lol just thinking about pig anus. I don't know if I could really eat it without puking lol

Reminds me of the Andy Lau film where he ordered a serving of cow entrails/genitalia. 

May 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #11,523 of 21,763
Quote:
lol I'm just pokin' fun. I have no significant hang ups where food is concerned. And I'm hardly a picky eater. I grew up hilariously poor, so I have an appreciation for food from all walks of life :)

I was picky as a mofo when I was young. Anything veggie related I absolutely hated. Probably besides corn lol. Still not the biggest fan of purple onions and peppers depending on how they are prepared... In stir fries though I love peppers.

May 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #11,525 of 21,763
Quote:

If she starts to be too suffocatingly desu desu I'll be sure to crank out the metal pipes and we can enjoy a good ol' fashioned night of Eva bashing. 

Reminds me of the Andy Lau film where he ordered a serving of cow entrails/genitalia. 

Did you see this one youtube guy (I think hes Jewish) who eats all kinds of weird ****... I think the grossest I saw was him eat Bulls testicles. He even cracked them while chewing them (ewwww).... lol Eating the 4 hissing cockroaches was also pretty gross. Have any of you tried fermented tofu? I hear its pretty putrid :p.

May 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #11,528 of 21,763
Quote:

Ohhh Ohhh! I can totally be Shinji and cower while you do all of the dirty work! 

Quote:
I was picky as a mofo when I was young. Anything veggie related I absolutely hated. Probably besides corn lol. Still not the biggest fan of purple onions and peppers depending on how they are prepared... In stir fries though I love peppers.

Yeah, so was I actually, but I gradually grew out of it. I'll eat almost anything these days. For me... it's strange textures that throw me off more than anything. Sometimes I cringe when Andrew tosses out descriptions like, "it's like a gooey q-tip dipped in vaseline" 

Oh and there's this dude on YT that consumes THE CRAZIEST ****. I'm talkin' bout shotgunnin an entire bottle of vodka, drinking drain cleaner, mouthwash, eating blended mice. Good gravy... I dunno if you're talkin' bout the same dude or not, but this guy was on some next level **** 
Quote:
My childhood drink is in that picture....

We talkin' bout that jug of soy sauce in the lower right there? lol 

I think I have some of that Cafe du Monde in a cabinet somewhere... 

May 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #11,529 of 21,763
Quote:
Did you see this one youtube guy (I think hes Jewish) who eats all kinds of weird ****... I think the grossest I saw was him eat Bulls testicles. He even cracked them while chewing them (ewwww).... lol Eating the 4 hissing cockroaches was also pretty gross. Have any of you tried fermented tofu? I hear its pretty putrid :p.

Bull testicles isn't actually all that bad. If they can show someone eat it on a big-budget mainstream HK film, I guess it'd pass the criteria of being morally acceptable at large. And for the most part, it is. 

I haven't seen it though, I've read about the guy who ate metal every day though. 

> inb4howfermentedisitjoke
They used to serve it as a garish/sidedish/appetizer at this place where I got my breakfast all the time. It does horrors to my digestive track like most foods but otherwise quite tasty. Very fresh and "flavourful". The aroma/taste is very immediate, for the lack of a better word.
Unless you're referring to Stinky tofu...

Ohhh Ohhh! I can be totally be Shinji and cower while you do all of the dirty work! 

Just don't stand next to me while I'm sleeping and we'll be fine.

May 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #11,531 of 21,763
Quote:
Bull testicles isn't actually all that bad. If they can show someone eat it on a big-budget mainstream HK film, I guess it'd pass the criteria of being morally acceptable at large. And for the most part, it is. 

You ever see Oldboy where Oh Dae-su is eatin that live octopus? Yikes. I wanna see Josh Brolin do something similar in that Spike Lee joint

Originally Posted by TwinQY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just don't stand next to me while I'm sleeping and we'll be fine.

lmao 

http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4375001+_45373621964012806d7932363f2e8ae9.jpg

worsestillicanprobablypulloffaprettygoodShinjicosplay:l

May 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #11,532 of 21,763
Quote:
You ever see Oldboy where Oh Dae-su is eatin that live octopus? Yikes. I wanna see Josh Brolin do something similar in that Spike Lee joint

If only he hadn't removed his tongue....ruining any chance of future generations witnessing that (in the movie canon of course).

Now you remind me - it's one of the only disks that I've kept....in Blu-Ray...*duhduhduh*

> Has anyone else been suffering terribly slow loading times on their subscriptions?

May 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #11,533 of 21,763
SUDDENLY FOOD TALK

Quote:
FWIW, and not that this makes any sense at all, dining in a Mickey D's in Paris is rather underwhelming.

I've done this. It was fun, they were playnig children's covers of Michael Jackson songs. Besides that it all seemed like a rather wholesome place. When my sister stepped outside a car skidded on the ice and went up on the sidewalk and almost hit us.

Underwhelming is having Chinese in Venice becuause you can't afford anything else there.

Quote:
Are any of you Ramen lovers? OMG I just love this Ace brand Ramen "Super Big Ramen". It's rather expensive but just so ono :). I'm gonna have to stock up on it the next time I go to costcos. I tried finding it for cheaper but no luck.

It weirds me out when you guys call that ramen. In Australia we just say instant noodles because ramen is the proper stuff you get at the noodle bars. My friend and I are big ramen fans after watching this movie:

We've tried to go to every highly rated ramen place in Sydney and gotten a pretty good idea of what a good bowl is like, but I really want to go to Japan and try something really authentic.
Quote:
Well I generally don't eat spam with Ramen but saw my uncle doing it and tried it out with the Ace Cook Noodle "Super Big Ramen" Shoyu flavor. I simply cut two slices of spam. Then cut those in half and then cut them across into smaller pieces. Just throw it in with the boiling water and thats it. Spam also goes really good in musibis wrapped in seaweed. Plain is just fine or even adding a little Nori Komi Furikaki and Susans Teri-miso sause to it :).

On the other side of authentic I HAVE TO TRY THIS

Quote:
lol just thinking about pig anus. I don't know if I could really eat it without puking lol. Just the thought alone of it would make me Ralph :p. But I'm sure a lot of the food I eat would be considered gross by many. Like poke. Many in the mainland would consider that fish bait instead of a delicacy lol. But those who love sushi would enjoy it (I love sushi also). I think Cow tongue is tops for me. Had an interesting taste. But I was getting sick to my stomach thinking about it. This was at a Japanese Restaurant where you cook your own food over the fire....

I love ox tongue! Considering that I like eating pig intestine and tripe I'm not really super grossed out by the idea of eating pig anus. I've eaten brains but not testicle.

Quote:
Unless you're referring to Stinky tofu...

<3 <3 <3

May 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #11,534 of 21,763
Quote:

Ohhh Ohhh! I can totally be Shinji and cower while you do all of the dirty work! 

Yeah, so was I actually, but I gradually grew out of it. I'll eat almost anything these days. For me... it's strange textures that throw me off more than anything. Sometimes I cringe when Andrew tosses out descriptions like, "it's like a gooey q-tip dipped in vaseline" 

Oh and there's this dude on YT that consumes THE CRAZIEST ****. I'm talkin' bout shotgunnin an entire bottle of vodka, drinking drain cleaner, mouthwash, eating blended mice. Good gravy... I dunno if you're talkin' bout the same dude or not, but this guy was on some next level **** 
We talkin' bout that jug of soy sauce in the lower right there? lol 

I think I have some of that Cafe du Monde in a cabinet somewhere... 

Yeah this guy also grounded mice and drank it lol. So gross.... That was probably one of the top if not the grossest. But when he was eating that testicle and you see it burst and ooze down his chin almost made me puke. Then getting slapped in the face with it. Wait wasn't it a Dear penis? lol. Maybe even worse than a bull. I know dear has a nasty smell....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back