Dec 8, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #19,966 of 21,763
  I guess so but Im scared of ruining it completely 
frown.gif

Well, your basic options are:

1) Don't fix, get a new phone
2) Don't fix, live with cracked screen
3) Fix, DIY
4) Fix, get someone else to do it

I'd get someone else to fix it, or get a new phone, alternatively live with a cracked screen until I can afford a new phone.

How much would a new screen cost you, compared to a new phone, or a used one? I mean, if the screen, shipping and cost to get it fixed would pretty much equal to how much a Note II would cost you used from ebay, then that might be an option to think about if you're afraid to ruin it.

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #19,967 of 21,763
  Well, your basic options are:

1) Don't fix, get a new phone
2) Don't fix, live with cracked screen
3) Fix, DIY
4) Fix, get someone else to do it

I'd get someone else to fix it, or get a new phone, alternatively live with a cracked screen until I can afford a new phone.

How much would a new screen cost you, compared to a new phone, or a used one? I mean, if the screen, shipping and cost to get it fixed would pretty much equal to how much a Note II would cost you used from ebay, then that might be an option to think about if you're afraid to ruin it.

its around 250 for a screen, the phone simply wont work anymore as the digitiser and the lcd screen cracked. It's very risky to DIY and the quality might not be as good 
frown.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #19,968 of 21,763
You,re better off with a new or slightly used GS4 if the $250 doesn't cover the labour charges.

Alternatively get a phone on a plan with a carrier. $50 per month will get you a lot of choices.

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #19,969 of 21,763
Yeah, I'd probably go with another phone in that case. Temporarily, until I could afford another bigger, more premium phone later on. Then there's also the cheaper Chinese Android phones there, that are quite liked, like the Oppo and so on.

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #19,972 of 21,763
Actually I might pick one up too. Baby brother to my Note 3.

Or you could try booting it lol

Nice video... I think I want an Eggs Box One though, the 360 is a little outdated! 

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #19,974 of 21,763
The Pee Ess 4 seems to be better and cheaper than the Eggs Box. Decisions decisions....

Oh man I know, tell me about it huh 

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #19,979 of 21,763
Personally I'm waiting for my backlog to empty up a little before going for a new, non-backwards-capable machine. Also, waiting will give me a more mature machine and less childhood diseases (think X360 RLOD).

I'm probably leaning more towards the PS4 than the XBox One, though. It's fun how my progression has gone when it comes to gaming consoles:

C64 -> Megadrive -> PlayStation -> PlayStation 2 -> Xbox 360 -> ...?

I know the C64 isn't a gaming console per definition, however, it was too stupid for being a real computer and too smart for being a gaming console. The way I used it though, which was mainly for gaming, I'm going to call it a gaming console. With cassette tapes, of course, none of those snobby, fancy 5.25" disk drives. Last, but not least, it used basic which was .. awesome in it's own awful way.

10 print "Coq de Combat";
20 GOTO 10
Run

Coq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de CombatCoq de Combat

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #19,980 of 21,763
Man, I remember being in high school learning basic in grade 10 and fortran in grade 11. How things change in 2 in a half decades. Hey Coq, whats a Megadrive? I've never heard of that console before. Was it a European only release from back in the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back