The decline of the rubber duck
Sep 16, 2016 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
Back in the old days, it wasn't unusual to have a rubber duck in the bath tub as a part of the interior decor to add a little charm into the family home. These days, I never see a rubber duck in anyone's bathroom even though you can still buy them on line.

My theory on why the rubber duck lost its popularity is because it does not look good with the modern showers. This is not 1955 anymore and many people commonly use a shower system in their homes.

My mom used to own a rental house built in the 1920s and it did have the old style bath tub like in the old Hollywood movies. A rubber duck would looked charming in that setting.

So I can see why the rubber duck has declined since shower systems are now the modern standard.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 5
This trend reminds me of the anomalous duck from SCP Containment Breach. Now you see it, now you don't.
What I think needs to happen is a modernization of the rubber ducky design, or perhaps an alternative to the rubber ducky entirely. I'm sure that Disney could work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back