The Dear Hunter
Apr 28, 2007 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fat pat

100+ Head-Fier
I saw them in concert opening up for Saves the Day and Say anything on thursday night, and i bought their ep, cause i was floored at their music when the played to me live.

The lead singer/guitarists/everything but drums on the ep is from the band The Receiving End of Sirens and is the musical genious behind this relatively new band.

The vocals are incredibly talented and the music is a indie/ambient/rock orchestral type of mix. its really hard to catagorize so far. since ive seen them ive listened to the ep(a little less than 40 minutes in length) about 8 times through, and so far i think its some of the most beautiful and good music ive heard in a while

I highly recommend them so far, still as little as ive listened to them. Their first ep is called "act 1:the lake south the river north"

its similar in vein to the mars volta, and bullets in madison. its really hard to pick a category for most of it, give it a listen see what you guys think

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 5
Great stuff just discovered them a few weeks ago. I'd also call it almost a toned down The Mars Volta, but still has that great feel to it.

I would also recommend Kaddisfly to add to your list.

May 24, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 5
Bumb...as of may 22nd their new full length lp is out...and its absolutely wonderful. its a concept album that is full of genre mixing, the vocals soar even more than the ep. if you guys life on the east coast, particularly boston area, go pick it up in a store. if not, go buy this album from any retailer and order it. its trememndous guys, check their myspace for examples(even though its not their best work on it) www.myspace.com/thedearhunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back