The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #3,033 of 3,203
I keep looking back for the x1 link, but I can't find it, Could someone please repost it? Thanks.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #3,034 of 3,203
I keep looking back for the x1 link, but I can't find it, Could someone please repost it? Thanks.

You won't find one because it's against this threads rules to link to it. Just go back a few pages and the name of the site is there.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #3,035 of 3,203
Quote:
Quote:

You won't find one because it's against this threads rules to link to it. Just go back a few pages and the name of the site is there.

You may want to hurry and find it because there are only 5 left 

Tick-Tock

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #3,036 of 3,203
What do you all think about buying factory refurbished headphones? Anyone have positive/negative experiences with this?

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #3,037 of 3,203
Quote:
I might have been browsing 4chain too much tonight, but this looks like a joke if you ask me. I don't know of ANYTHING that supports 5.6MHz, or anything that is IN 5.6MHz. Everything about it looks really cheap and gimmicky. 0/10 would not buy.

5.6MHz and 2.8MHz correspond to DSD formats I think.

I don't know what 4chain is, but I guess Gavin Fish probably knows what he's doing(?). After all, it has the Da Vinci name, sort of...

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #3,040 of 3,203
Quote:
Beyerdynamic DT990 250ohm pro's for $159.99

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-AMS-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ/

Pretty sure this is the lowest price I've ever seen on them from Amazon. Just snagged a pair myself.

In the event Amazon tweaks their prices in the next few days - even though they are still $159.00, B&H photo has the DT-990 Pro for $159.00 and *Free* US shipping.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/92807-REG/Beyerdynamic_459038_DT_990_PRO_Studio.html  --- You have to add it to your cart to see the price.  However, given that you pay shipping from Amazon, as well as sales taxes, if you live in a state with an Amazon warehouse, the B&H Photo offering might be the less-costly option if one doesn't live in NY state due to sales taxes.

Edit: I've realized Amazon has free shipping on the DT-990.  So, the only advantage of the B&H Photo price would be if you live in a state with the Amazon presence, which adds sales tax.

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #3,041 of 3,203
What do you all think about buying factory refurbished headphones? Anyone have positive/negative experiences with this?

Both my Denon D600 and Ultrasone Pro900 were this. No issues at all, and the prices were well worth the risk (though bought thru Amazon there was really no risk).

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #3,042 of 3,203
Quote:

I think two things need to be considered when buying factory refurbished: 1) Will it come with factory packaging? If not, you'll lower your resale value if you don't like it/can't return it/find something better later. But for me the 2nd is more important: 2) When there is a warranty promised, is it as long as the original warranty? Authorized Sennheiser dealers often sell refurbished headphones with a warranty but seldom are up front that it is a 90 day warranty; this is compared to the two year warranty Sennheiser gives a new product when purchased from an authorized dealer. 

Basically, I'll buy refurbs if it's a screaming deal as a way to try out a headphone if I'm confident I can resell it for near the price I paid for it. In general, if you look around, you can find a deal close enough to the refurb price to make it questionable whether you wouldn't be better off buying new...imo. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #3,043 of 3,203
Great ideas, thank you

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #3,045 of 3,203
Yep, manufacturer refurbished 'phones from authorized dealers is usually a really safe bet. They come from the factory and are like-new in every way aside from sometimes missing the original packaging. That has been my experience anyway. Seller refurbished on the other hand is different and basically just means 'used'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back