The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #2,731 of 3,203
I work in a post office in canada. It takes us 15 seconds to do the paper work on basic tracked shipments.

"What's inside?"

"Sign here"

And even now, most of it can be printed from a standard printer and taped on.

I don't know about shipping packages from Canada, but shipping from the US to any foreign country is a PITA (at least for an average civilian). First, you have to find the right customs form to fill out in quadruplicate. There are different forms depending on the size and weight of what you're shipping and what shipping service you're using. (For example, the USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Medium and Large boxes require a different form than the Priority Mail International Flat Rate Small boxes.) If you're using any shipper other than the USPS, such as UPS or FedEx, you have to include a commercial invoice code identifying the category of product you're shipping and its country of origin (where the product was manufactured). And if you're using FedEx or UPS, there's a chance that the delivery service may neglect to collect import duties when they deliver the product to the recipient, later billing you the sender for those duties. I've had this happen to me on two separate occasions when shipping from the US to Canada, requiring me to spend many hours tracking down the recipient to get reimbursed.

I wish it was as easy as "What's inside?", "Sign here"...

We use CN22 forms which in my experience, is the same form countries like china use to declare small packages.
Of course we have different forms depending on the size and method of shipment but it's more about getting the correct form and filling it out which never took that long.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,732 of 3,203
Quote:

How much does  HifimeDIY Sabre Dac cost in buydig?
I want to buy this DAC for pairing my e11. Do you know where I buy [size=small]Hifimediy Sabre[/size][size=small] USB [/size][size=small]DAC for the cheapest price? Also, what is the lowest price that you have seen? Thank you very much.[/size]

I'm pretty sure you can't buy these from buydig. You can get it from ebay for around $40 or straight from hifimediy for $40 plus shipping which I personally would feel more comfortable doing.

On a similar note, could anybody comment on how this DAC compares to the E10 DAC?

And it was mentioned in this thread that one of these Sabre DACs can also amp, which one can do that?

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2,733 of 3,203
Quote:

Some of the cost, I'm assuming, is for them to take the time to complete the customs paperwork, too.  Granted, I've done such shipments on items of mine that I've sold and it really doesn't take much more than 10 minutes to fully complete.  Also, it depends on their method of shipping.  I'm quite sure that they might be using one of the options that provide for insurance on the shipment.  In that case, I could easily see that the shipping could get to the $50 or $60 range awfully quick.

i use Endicia's software and international shipments add about 10-15 seconds.  just have to state what the item is, its weight, and value.  FedEx adds about 3 minutes because you have to look up the harmonized code.  If its FedEx and the value is stated at over $2,500, then the shipment has to be registered with the government to obtain an export # so thats a 5-10 minute thing.

but normal USPS International shipments i can do about 15 shipments per hour, and that includes looking up all the buyer's addresses in email/paypal account, scanning past emails for address changes, and researching potential problems with the addresses

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2,734 of 3,203
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can't buy these from buydig. You can get it from ebay for around $40 or straight from hifimediy for $40 plus shipping which I personally would feel more comfortable doing.

On a similar note, could anybody comment on how this DAC compares to the E10 DAC?

And it was mentioned in this thread that one of these Sabre DACs can also amp, which one can do that?

Thank you for your information.

If I want to pair with fiio e11, should I buy HiFiMeDIY Sabre USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter or HiFiMeDIY Sabre the tiny one ? I have one more questions. Why some people said that e11 and this DAC convert is a good combo? 

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #2,738 of 3,203

Excuse me. I am sorry that I post in a wrong thread. I want to buy the 3.5-to- 3.5mm cable that is similar to the cable in the picture (similar length and similar thickness). Do you know how much is it? What is the name of that cable? Thank you very much

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,739 of 3,203
Man those a900x goes on refurbish a lot. $490 for 5 is definitely the lowest Ive seen.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #2,740 of 3,203
Quote:
Man those a900x goes on refurbish a lot. $490 for 5 is definitely the lowest Ive seen.

Agreed. These are great prices for these headphones, but there seems to be more refurb'd units than brand new. I wonder if Audio Technica is selling new units as 'refurb' to play to two markets and maximize sales.

I just wish they'd do that with the AD900x. I'd love to get a good price on those. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2,741 of 3,203
Quote:

Excuse me. I am sorry that I post in a wrong thread. I want to buy the 3.5-to- 3.5mm cable that is similar to the cable in the picture (similar length and similar thickness). Do you know how much is it? What is the name of that cable? Thank you very much

Go to eBay and search for "3.5mm to 3.5mm cable". Easy. :)

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #2,743 of 3,203

That just an ordinary 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect. Not sure exactly which one that is but it looks like a high end cable that costs a lot of money. Many people make their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back